PDA

View Full Version : Parting out an Xmag...

Papa_Smurf
04-21-2008, 07:23 PM
...is a crime?

Yes or no?

Madmarx
04-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Depends on the X MAG

If it's a Franken X the I say it's ok :rolleyes:

Empyreal Rogue
04-21-2008, 07:45 PM
I don't think so. I think the uniqueness of putting an X-Mag body on non E-Mag lowers is quite amazing. A-Tach's DMX-Mag and Loguz's ZX-Pneumag are terrific examples of such.

I'd love the opportunity to fix up my own Pneumag with an X-Mag body. Since it's already a Warp-Right body it'd just be convenient, especially with the opportunity to go vertical feed when I don't feel like using my Q-Loader.

Damn now I really wish there was an X-Mag body up for sale right now.

Madmarx
04-21-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't think so. I think the uniqueness of putting an X-Mag body on non E-Mag lowers is quite amazing. A-Tach's DMX-Mag and Loguz's ZX-Pneumag are terrific examples of such.

I'd love the opportunity to fix up my own Pneumag with an X-Mag body. Since it's already a Warp-Right body it'd just be convenient, especially with the opportunity to go vertical feed when I don't feel like using my Q-Loader.

Damn now I really wish there was an X-Mag body up for sale right now.

I agree...
I'm kicking myself already.
But I should have my NEW toy by next weekend!!

jade_monkey07
04-21-2008, 07:54 PM
I dont think it is a bad thing. Some X's hold Value that is more than money. if that value is solely yours, then the poll means nothing. If you think that something completely amazing could come from the parting of it then I say do it!

chafnerjr
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
While I do admit there is something to be said for parting out a very limited production gun, the whole of this community pretty much revolves around making the coolest markers we can out of whatever we can. A little bit of this, and a little bit of that, ad plenty of anno and here you go, a masterpiece for every player! I'm surprised that these don't get parted out more often, but then again there is still bit of reverence about them. Maybe it's because I am a recent Mag convert :cheers:

flyingpootang
04-21-2008, 09:28 PM

Two fine examples of what could be, but on the other hand to part a pristine xmag no :nono: . To part one that needs to be reannoed or partly damaged why not...

Now if I could get my hands on a SFL Emag. I'd like to part that baby out and make something wild.......

Now how many of you guys cringed over my last statement on a SFL????

Smoothice
04-21-2008, 09:41 PM
I don't own an x-mag. But I was once told that there is nothing that links the lowers to the body. By that I mean matching serial numbers.

If there were matching serial numbers then I would lean towards crime. But without them I don't see a problem. Its basically just emag lowers with ace.

TnDeathInc
04-21-2008, 09:50 PM
i say the 18 % that says its not a crime want one for projects......i say never. sell the whole thing

sandfreestyle
04-21-2008, 10:00 PM
I think it would be a shame to see a beautiful marker being parted out. I have mixed emotions, if the project was a killer one then why not but if it was just to get the ace abilaty then what a shame.

Beemer
04-21-2008, 11:54 PM
I did not vote. Will not sell or part my X. :nono:

DanMan
04-22-2008, 10:12 AM
I say if you keep all the parts then go ahead and make somthing crazy, but at least make it so you can re build the x-mag in the future.

Whee McGee
04-22-2008, 12:47 PM
I'd love to get a non-CnC Xmag body and do the same thing as Loguzzz, but that won't happen until I can buy a complete Xmag ( highly unlikely :rolleyes: ) or get my hands on a body, which won't happen if people don't part it out.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me unless there's something very unique about it.

Gabriel
04-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Now if I could get my hands on a SFL Emag. I'd like to part that baby out and make something wild.......

Now how many of you guys cringed over my last statement on a SFL????

I actually threw up alittle bit in my mouth at the thought of parting a SFL.

Empyreal Rogue
04-22-2008, 05:08 PM
I actually threw up alittle bit in my mouth at the thought of parting a SFL.

Thing is though, I don't think the SFL body would really look good on anything BUT a set of E/X-Mag lowers. Even before the first time I saw an X-Mag body on something other than E/X lowers I knew it would look good on anything. I think it's the way the SFL body was made specifically to be fitted with E-Mag lowers and the X-Mag body was design to be a new limited edition body that was marketed with upgraded E-Mag frames. Probably because the individual cost of each X-Mag body was so expensive that it wouldn't have made a great deal of sense to a) sell them individually and b) without an electronic frame.

lasrsktr
04-22-2008, 05:11 PM
as much as people thing its a sin to part a lot of things out...

It happens on a 100% daily basis... no matter what it is with.... be it classic cars, paintball markers, or rare collections.

mpsd
04-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Not a crime, as long as you sell the body and breaches to me :rofl: That way, I'll be able to fit them with my X-Mag lowers! :clap:

Swiss Cheeze
04-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Not a crime, as long as you sell the body and breaches to me :rofl: That way, I'll be able to fit them with my X-Mag lowers! :clap:

I second that. :dance:

maddboy32
04-24-2008, 11:54 AM
i think if you don't have an "X-MAG" valve on an "X-MAG" body then it truly isn't an "X-MAG".

although the X-MAG lowers are different from E-MAG lowers. the difference is so slight that most people don't even know what it is. so i say parting the lowers is cool, but i think the body needs to have its "X-MAG" valve.

i hate seeing X-MAGs with just the "x" valve go for 1200.00-1300.00.......to me the valve is what make the maker. ITS THE ONLY THING WITH A PART NUMBER!!

Swiss Cheeze
04-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Well looking at xmag world they have valves with higher numbers. Is that because someone changed out the valve or they ran out of x-mag valves and started just using x-valves. I have a picture with one of an x-mag valve and one with just the x-valve, but the number series is sequenced on the list, just not listed.

Swiss Cheeze
04-24-2008, 11:59 AM
And all of you voting "no" just line up against the wall. :shooting:

Oh crap that would be me too. :eek:

A-Tach-One
04-24-2008, 02:44 PM
i think if you don't have an "X-MAG" valve on an "X-MAG" body then it truly isn't an "X-MAG".

although the X-MAG lowers are different from E-MAG lowers. the difference is so slight that most people don't even know what it is. so i say parting the lowers is cool, but i think the body needs to have its "X-MAG" valve.

i hate seeing X-MAGs with just the "x" valve go for 1200.00-1300.00.......to me the valve is what make the maker. ITS THE ONLY THING WITH A PART NUMBER!!
Well when AGD decided to drop the marker specific engraved Xvalves everything went to the generic "X" including the XMag. There are many original Xmags with just the plain "X". I prefer the XMag engraved ones too though. :)

I personally wouldn't part a complete original valved Xmag. But that's me.

BlueDragonX
04-24-2008, 02:53 PM
It's not a crime as long as you're selling the parts to me :D

Swiss Cheeze
04-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Well when AGD decided to drop the marker specific engraved Xvalves everything went to the generic "X" including the XMag. There are many original Xmags with just the plain "X". I prefer the XMag engraved ones too though. :)

I personally wouldn't part a complete original valved Xmag. But that's me.

A-Tach,

Yeah I didn't see your name below the XT #'s which must be the X-mag valves. But I am sure you probably have some other ones laying around. Do you ever get out of bed and like instead of trip over shoes, trip over x-mags?

ta2maki
04-25-2008, 03:39 AM

:confused: Didn't early xmags come with emag valves?

TeamJackal37
04-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Yes, As far I know, begin with Emag, Xmags,Then "X", That what I've seen on Original Xmags, Emax Not sure,I'm still researching on that one