PDA

View Full Version : Minimag problems!!!!

stoffa15
04-22-2008, 12:57 PM
I for the first time brought out my Minimag i bought used online... I tried to chrono it and it was shooting only 135 fps.. Then I turned the velocity adjuster all the way to the left so it wouldn't cycle and turned it clockwise to see if i could bring the fps up. It didn't work, so I tried oiling it up and changing the bolt spring to see if that would help and nothing :mad:

Does anyone have any ideas??? Or any similar problems like that thanx

TwilightG
04-22-2008, 01:01 PM
I for the first time brought out my Minimag i bought used online... I tried to chrono it and it was shooting only 135 fps.. Then I turned the velocity adjuster all the way to the left so it wouldn't cycle and turned it clockwise to see if i could bring the fps up. It didn't work, so I tried oiling it up and changing the bolt spring to see if that would help and nothing :mad:

Turn it clockwise more? :confused:
How much air do you have left in your tank? Assuming that you're using HPA, if you're under 1k, you might have some problems firing.

michbich
04-22-2008, 01:03 PM

To raise the velocity, you have to turn clockwise. Screw it in until it leaks, back it up a little until it stops, chrono, adjust from there.

rawbutter
04-22-2008, 01:10 PM
To raise the velocity, you have to turn clockwise. Screw it in until it leaks, back it up a little until it stops, chrono, adjust from there.

Yeah.... keep turning clockwise. It gets pretty tough to keep turning once you pass 200fps (especially on older valve that are a bit gunked up), but just muscle through it.

If that doesn't work, let us know.

stoffa15
04-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah.... keep turning clockwise. It gets pretty tough to keep turning once you pass 200fps (especially on older valve that are a bit gunked up), but just muscle through it.

If that doesn't work, let us know.

I have gone threw one side to the next turning it clockwise and it didn't get any better. the air did vent out the side though and i kept turning.. I am using a HPA tank and it was at 4500 psi when i had tried it originally..it did get tighter when i was turning but when i tried firing a ball it only rolled out of my barrel.

I thought that when the air vents out the back of the velocity adjuster, It meant that the O ring was bad so i had changed it. If this doesn't work any other ideas

SouthPark22
04-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Turn the velocity adjuster clockwise until it starts to vent air (over pressure)... then turn it back just enough so that it stops leaking... chrono... and adjust from there.

athomas
04-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Air venting out the side hole is a good indication of a bad oring or dirt. Changing the oring was a good idea but it is an indication that your valve probably needs a good cleaning. Give the whole valve a good cleaning first.