PDA

View Full Version : Repair shop for my RT

Raffizzz
04-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Hey guys, my RT is leaking air from the back and somewhere in the middle, I lubed all O rings afterwards, but nothing changed. when I increase or decrease preasure from the back (valve) it stops the leak at one point, but after on shot it leaks again...

At this point I don't know what to do. I want to know if there is any Reputable repair shops around my area, Los Angeles, I'm willing to mail it out to a reputable shop in other states aswell...

Thanks guys
Raffi B.

Ruler_Mark
04-23-2008, 12:29 AM
It is suppose to leak out the side if pressure gets too high. Is it chronoing fine?

AGD is your best bet for repairs, however Tunaman is a certified tech and can help you aswell.

Raffizzz
04-23-2008, 01:43 AM
I have the nitroduck i reg at 1000 psi, but I know people use to use the Flatline with it and increase the preasure even more!!!!

Tao
04-23-2008, 03:14 AM
did you try turning down the velocity alot (even to the point where the gun wont fire) and tune up from there?

Ruler_Mark
04-23-2008, 09:55 AM
I have the nitroduck i reg at 1000 psi, but I know people use to use the Flatline with it and increase the preasure even more!!!!
Not the input pressure i meant the operating, thats what the back velocity cap does.

I have dynflows and run some guns at 1200.

Raffizzz
04-23-2008, 03:51 PM
did you try turning down the velocity alot (even to the point where the gun wont fire) and tune up from there?
I've dropped it all the way down and sometimes when doing that alot of air leaks from the back, I did replace most of the valves, but it has the same problem.

Last time I went paintballing, the leak got so bad, I tried decreasin, and incrasing the velocity on the valve, but it got wors and I ended up with a rental.

Tao
04-23-2008, 04:25 PM
I've dropped it all the way down and sometimes when doing that alot of air leaks from the back, I did replace most of the valves, but it has the same problem.

Last time I went paintballing, the leak got so bad, I tried decreasin, and incrasing the velocity on the valve, but it got wors and I ended up with a rental.

my guess would be a problem with the regulator pin or the reg seat....

BlackVCG
04-24-2008, 09:08 AM
If it's leaking from the side of the valve, then it's most likely the reg. seat pin o-rings.

When you unscrew the black half from the valve you'll see a silver pin with a cross drilled hole in the tip. This piece is in the front silver half of the valve. You'll want to pull this piece out with a dental pick by sticking it through the small cross drilled hole and then pulling up.

There are two o-rings and a washer at the end of this piece. The washer in the middle should have a split in it. You'll want to oil the two o-rings on the pin and if you have any light grease, put that on as well.

Put it all back together and dry fire it a few times. Your leak should be gone.

Raffizzz
04-24-2008, 11:48 AM
If it's leaking from the side of the valve, then it's most likely the reg. seat pin o-rings.

When you unscrew the black half from the valve you'll see a silver pin with a cross drilled hole in the tip. This piece is in the front silver half of the valve. You'll want to pull this piece out with a dental pick by sticking it through the small cross drilled hole and then pulling up.

There are two o-rings and a washer at the end of this piece. The washer in the middle should have a split in it. You'll want to oil the two o-rings on the pin and if you have any light grease, put that on as well.

Put it all back together and dry fire it a few times. Your leak should be gone.

Thanks,
On my post above I said I chnged the valves, but i meant to say the O rings, and I have taken almost all parts and orings out including the back half and lubed/grases and replaced most O rings. The leak is from the back part of the valve where u adjust the velocity/preasure, and also there is another leak somewhere in the middle of the valve....... Last time I posted here u guys helped me out and gave me lots of info to upgrade/update my RT, and I have to say, ur not letting me down again, I wanted to thank all the autimag.org community for ur continious help and advise. This Cudos was long due on my behalf.

Thanks again
Raffi

csallen039
04-25-2008, 03:25 AM
I had the same problem about 3 months ago when I finally pulled my old classic RT out of my closet finally. I changed the o-rings on the regulator valve pin assembly and it seemed to fix the problem.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=115&categoryID=23

bjyourk
04-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Similar problem here as well. Sent it to AGD and, in my case, the powertube was not screwed in/on tight. Also, in the back half if the reg, there is a large brass piece(this may actually be the "regulator"). This may have gone bad.....replace it.

The powertube was for the side leak. Reg. for the back.

athomas
04-25-2008, 11:43 AM
The leak out the back is most likely a weak regulator piston assembly. This would happen if you recently put a level 10 bolt assembly into an older retro valve. The leak ususally goes away in you turn the velocity down far enough though.

Raffizzz
04-25-2008, 06:34 PM
The leak out the back is most likely a weak regulator piston assembly. This would happen if you recently put a level 10 bolt assembly into an older retro valve. The leak ususally goes away in you turn the velocity down far enough though.

I did the level 10 upgrade last year, the leak was allways there but when I adjusted the velocity ftom the back it went away. This started 3 pball events after the lev 10 upgade.
I will lookin to changing the regulator and more o rings

athomas
04-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah, its probably the regulator piston assembly then. I was lucky. My emag lasted a couple of years after the level 10 upgrade, but it did eventually start leaking out the back. When I adjusted the velocity it too went away but came back when I started shooting in a game.

Raffizzz
04-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Ok, I'm ordering the regulator check below link to agd... Any other recoendations while I change that part...?

Regulator Piston Assembly-Retro/RT

Part Number: 000822
The Regulator Piston comes as an assembly that has a built in blow-off valve. Do not disassemble! Replace this part when air is venting out the back of the marker and you are shooting less than 300 FPS.

This part has been set to the stock higher pressure for the Level 10 bolt kit.

Regulator (http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=112&categoryID=23)

athomas
04-27-2008, 05:59 AM
Yes, thats the one. Makes sure you have all your orings too. If not, get an oring kit.