PDA

View Full Version : Polishing mag tips ???? HELP!!

magdude25
01-19-2002, 08:49 PM
im wondering if anyone knows the best way to polish a minimag body , if so what to use thank!!

irbodden
01-19-2002, 09:48 PM
Sandpaper, start at roughly 600 gritt, and work up to very fine automotive grade sand paper. Be prepared for a few hours of work though.:)

SoupRman
01-19-2002, 10:23 PM
lets see... go to home depot and buy the polishers packet of EMORY sand paper. lightly sand it with the coarses grade in the packet. make sure it is taken off evenly. take your time and dont be too rough. after this, wash it off and dry the body. then take the next grade, do the same taking coat by coat working the whole gun and make sure you get under the p/f and the p/f it self. and then the highest grade, this is where it shines. after that get automotive grade wet/dry sand paper 1000, then 2000. then get chrome wheel polish, i recommend mother's mag and polish it off. make sure you wash and dry after each sanding. when using the automotive grade, san dunder water. do not sand under water with emory, it will ruin the paper. i only used the emory to the finest grade, and check the pics here: http://home.houston.rr.com/paintballkingz/autobody.html

.... have fun i'm not liable for anythign you do wrong. but i am for the right :D .

do this on a day when your bored, because this will take time.

SoupRman

*edit* note: don't use wire wheel brush or any tool to do it. do it by hand andit wil turn out best.

xmetal2001
01-19-2002, 11:43 PM
Do what they said, but wear gloves, when i did mine the friction made the sandpaper VERY hot.

hitmanng
01-20-2002, 09:32 AM
Here is the long dead AO polishing manual
http://www.automags.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000298.html

wes
01-20-2002, 03:01 PM
hey heres mine... i started with 400 grit and right now im on 600... it looks awsome! anywho if yall want more pics ill get some more when im done!

wes
01-20-2002, 03:02 PM
eeerrrrrr too small

here we go last time then im giving up