PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm getting a cocker...

Pneumagger
04-23-2008, 09:21 AM
What's the going rate for a New or like new cocker? I wan't one of them old school '99/'00 cockers with the cloth shroud.

pmstc
04-23-2008, 09:23 AM
You can get a bone stock '03/04 for $100-150 last time I checked. I haven't seen any 99's around though.

punkncat
04-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Actually you may have to hunt around for one of those deals on the prostock. The current owner of the cocker name just auctioned off all the "old" gun stock to some guy/company over on MCB. I would imagine that is going to bring the prices back out of the hole a little.
Might check around on the bay and see what you can find.

Pneumagger
04-23-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't mind used. The last cockers I ever liked were the old shrouded cockers.
I'm just going to use it stock. Maybe use a different reg and LPR and Barrel.
I'd love to sitck an oldschool 1 piece Teardrop on it.

The only thing I might "modernize" would be adding a warpfeed on it because hoppers on elbows always rotate around.

Goddamn sexy if you ask me.
http://www.paintballtimes.com/images/auto2000.gif

kurtisqpublic
04-23-2008, 01:22 PM
I don't mind used. The last cockers I ever liked were the old shrouded cockers.
I'm just going to use it stock. Maybe use a different reg and LPR and Barrel.
I'd love to sitck an oldschool 1 piece Teardrop on it.

The only thing I might "modernize" would be adding a warpfeed on it because hoppers on elbows always rotate around.

Goddamn sexy if you ask me.
http://www.paintballtimes.com/images/auto2000.gif

I'll have to get you a few photos of my old skool cool guns. I have a 97 bliged out blue and chrome left feed cocker and my RT classic. old guns are awesome! :shooting:

hockeytown
04-23-2008, 05:39 PM
You should go to mcarterbrown.com

warbeak2099
04-23-2008, 05:44 PM
You could probably pick one up for like $90.

TnDeathInc
04-23-2008, 08:43 PM
i picked up one and ansextreme.com a mech blue black faded a few months back, after timing it a bit it is absoluteley a killer, it was 249.00 and worth every penny

mpsd
04-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Personally, I love the half-blocked ones. MCarterBrown should be the place to look for it, if it's old-school. Also, eBay always have some of them listed. I also don't have and never had a cocker but I always liked them. And I always been afraid of their maintenance specially regarding the timing of the system. Still, someday, I'll buy one or two for me. Would love to have a Micrococker (half-blocked from PTP) with a nice pump kit and maybe another one like a real old-school mech cocker.

From what I've seen, you can grab a nice cocker from $90 to $500 depending of what you're looking for. An old mech like the one you pictured should go for something around $120 to $200, if in real good shape.

BAZOOKA_Boy
04-24-2008, 02:47 AM
I never thought you would ever own a cocker, they are great markers, I have many, including an oldschool one like that, an old 95 mismatched parts gun that shoots like a dream, but looks like a wreck ;)

hell my closet should be a war, I got only mags and cockers in there, good thing they all get along :D

Chaos_Theory!
04-24-2008, 09:11 AM
i picked up one and ansextreme.com a mech blue black faded a few months back, after timing it a bit it is absoluteley a killer, it was 249.00 and worth every penny

Im hoping it was a GX-5 that you payed $250 for, otherwise you got screwed.

Pneumagger
04-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah, my mag's in 20 different pieces and a cocker could suffice for Tunaball if needed.

trevorjk
04-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah, my mag's in 20 different pieces and a cocker could suffice for Tunaball if needed.

your technically inclined. SO DONT LISTEN TO PEOPLE ABOUT HOW COCKERS ARE BAD!

just wanted to say that :p

set imput pressure to around 250. turn lpr in till it cycles fully and consistantly then turn in another 1/8 inch.

adjust back lug for the sear

if needed adjust the actuating rod for the 3-way.

and lube the hammer. oil is good, but ive found that lube makes it slide better.

also after no leaks and cycles fine turn HPR up or down to adjust for chrono

JOESPUD27
04-25-2008, 09:39 AM
I've got an 01 SFL Shocktech I might part with. Doesn't have a shroud.

Jay