PDA

View Full Version : z-grip+drop forward

Wang
01-19-2002, 09:08 PM
just curious, does the z-grip put your tank far forward enough to not have to worry about a drop forward?

FooTemps
01-19-2002, 09:20 PM
This really depends on your preferances... If you like a long drop just add a medium to short drop on the mag it's put up pretty far. If you like stubby drops then don't bother addding another drop.

Xzion
01-19-2002, 09:42 PM
As stated before, its really a matter of prefrence, I like my tank WAAAAY forward on my Z-Grip, which is why I use the KAPP Drop Zone II with mine, because I like my tank completely under the gun making it very compact. Take a look at some pics of mine via the link below my sig.

Rynoboy06
01-19-2002, 09:46 PM
I tried both a benchmark center drop and a drop zone 2 before I realized that I really wanted the tank farther back. I like how the Z grip moves the tank forward a good few inches but not significantly down. With a drop zone 2 on an 68ci armageddon, the back of the tank, w'tank cover, was in front of the back of the reg. It was kinda ridiculous. I think it's just right by itself for a 68, with an 88 I might want a small dropforward with the Z. Think about offset drops too, you don't want your tank to interfere with the way you hold the tank. Have fun!