PDA

View Full Version : Tactical light ?

bryceeden
04-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Has anyone here ever used or seen one of these used on an actual firearm?
http://www.safariland.com/images/rls_banner.jpg
http://www.safariland.com/rls/index.aspx
I am thinking about getting one for my FNP(I need a new light for it), but am afraid it would throw the balence way off and kill my accuracy. Any one had any experiance with this light, or know somewhere to get some info/reviews of them?

VTLO910
04-25-2008, 02:36 PM
If using a light, I would recommend one NOT mounted on your firearm... God forbid you needed to turn it on to see something other then an intruder... you will end up pointing your gun towards a loved one...

A good Sure Fire and Defensive handgun technique is all you will need...

MoeMag
04-25-2008, 02:47 PM
If using a light, I would recommend one NOT mounted on your firearm... God forbid you needed to turn it on to see something other then an intruder... you will end up pointing your gun towards a loved one...

A good Sure Fire and Defensive handgun technique is all you will need...

qft.

rifleman wi
04-25-2008, 02:58 PM
just dont look directly into the surefire, its like looking at a flashbang, my armorer thought it would be funny to flash me with it, their bright. :rofl:

bryceeden
04-25-2008, 03:17 PM
I probably need to specify that I need this for working TEMS for the Uintah county and Naples city SWAT teams, the light is for that and the training for such. I have lights on my Sig and Barretta, but the FNP is my favorite, and a tactical holster for the FNP took me long enough to find in and of itsself, noone makes one for it with a light which is why this light appeals to me.

Also its hard to extract someone and hold a weapon, but impossable to do it while holding a gun and light seperatly. I have to be able to shoot and light one handed just incase.

VTLO910
04-25-2008, 03:41 PM
I probably need to specify that I need this for working TEMS for the Uintah county and Naples city SWAT teams, the light is for that and the training for such. I have lights on my Sig and Barretta, but the FNP is my favorite, and a tactical holster for the FNP took me long enough to find in and of itsself, noone makes one for it with a light which is why this light appeals to me.

Also its hard to extract someone and hold a weapon, but impossable to do it while holding a gun and light seperatly. I have to be able to shoot and light one handed just incase.

PM me your phone number. I am a Former ARMY Medic, Current career EMS Professional and have trained and certified as a Tactical Medic...

VTLO910
04-25-2008, 03:43 PM
qft.

What does that mean...?

bryceeden
04-25-2008, 04:03 PM
PM me your phone number. I am a Former ARMY Medic, Current career EMS Professional and have trained and certified as a Tactical Medic...
PM sent. I'm an EMT, I'm attending the ISTM soon and starting Paramedic school next year. I look forward to talking with you.

MoeMag
04-25-2008, 04:59 PM
What does that mean...?

Quote for truth. Means that I agree with what the previous person said.

Then as far as that, I was going to post...

If your going to weapon mount a light, put it on an M4 with a laser target designator and an ACOG

... Making a snide remark that weapon mount lights are a bit much for most "home defenders".

But for your case, sounds like your kind of thing. In which case I'll shut up.

I’m am just as I say a "home defender" and I like my surefire G3 just fine.

:cheers:

VTLO910
04-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Quote for truth. Means that I agree with what the previous person said.

Then as far as that, I was going to post...

If your going to weapon mount a light, put it on an M4 with a laser target designator and an ACOG

... Making a snide remark that weapon mount lights are a bit much for most "home defenders".

But for your case, sounds like your kind of thing. In which case I'll shut up.

I’m am just as I say a "home defender" and I like my surefire G3 just fine.

lol... Either way it can be open for a HEALTHY discussion on tactics... It appears that there is as many ways to do it as there are opinions.

I've done Military training and Training that is taught to certain public sector and Law Enforcement/Swat type training... Separate from my career stuff...

One thing I learned is there is very intelligent folks out there, so I always listen to what they say, discuss it, and formulate what is best for my situation...

I had a nice phone conversation with the primary poster, nice guy, he is just getting started in TEMS (Tactical Emergency Medicine) so I shared with him some things I do have experience with...