PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a Myth reg....

punkncat
04-25-2008, 05:36 PM
I am fairly pleased with it so far. It seems to have a really good flow rate. One thing I am concerned with is that it is so short it will not go into the asa on my Mag and several other markers I have. I had purchased it for use on one specific marker and it will go on that one, but kind of defeats the purpose of doing that rather than buying another tank.

Guess I will work that out later.

olinar
04-25-2008, 05:40 PM
I actually got rid of mine because it was too short.

I suppose it'd be perfect wit5h a cp direct mount but i had just recently bough the 2k7 mini cp's for my mags.

Chronobreak
04-25-2008, 05:54 PM
two suggestions, empty tank and remove the guage and nipples, put the tank on and elave it or same with the asa.

ive had the problem on a few markers but not many

most of the time i use mine its with the 13ci on a phantom or limited paint gun

st6212
04-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I had the same issue, so I bought the Ambush reg from GA.

From the numbers compared to the current regs on the market, this is the lightest and shortest reg second to the Myth. With the obvious quality performance expected from GA regs.

Still have my Myth tho.

punkncat
04-26-2008, 11:18 AM
What I am really liking about it is that with its short "stature" it makes my 68 tank just as compact as a 56 and no longer than a 45.
I am going to try to sneak out and play with it a bit tomorrow, so I will see how I like it.

druid
04-26-2008, 01:36 PM
I got my Myth reg about 5 months after I got my FUKU Reg from GA. I originally got it for my Stage 5 Ion because it was the "medium" output pressure and for the Ion it works perfectly. However in my HP markers, including my 2 Mags, it had horrible shoot-down at faster speeds. If I were to fire slowly though, it performed very well on the Mags but still horribly on the Spyders, Tippmanns and clones because the output pressure was not high enough to even re-cock the markers.

Now the other thing I had an issue with is the fill nipple and gauge. Because of it's shortness, on certain drop forwards (I'm a big fan of drops so get over it now...lol), depending on the angle of the drop at the asa mount, the nipple and gauge would bang into the back of the drop. This would prevent it from being completely screwed in, preventing me from using it on that marker. However, I quickly remedied that by throwing my tank on a remote and mounting the tank elsewhere.

I really do like my Myth but like everything else in life, it has it's limitations. So long as you can overcome physical features and related obstacles (for me, drops vs nipple/gauge) it will do exceptionally well for anyone.

Chaos_Theory!
04-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Their new Carbon fiber tank with the myth reg and short fill nipple should be perfect. I cant wait for them to be available. Hopfully they will at some point make the smaller fill nipple available seperate but they dont as of now. I love the size of my 45/45 legionair but always wanted a larger tank so it should work great.

NU_METAL
04-26-2008, 04:10 PM
I am fairly pleased with it so far. It seems to have a really good flow rate. One thing I am concerned with is that it is so short it will not go into the asa on my Mag and several other markers I have. I had purchased it for use on one specific marker and it will go on that one, but kind of defeats the purpose of doing that rather than buying another tank.

Guess I will work that out later.
hey punk ,
do you or anyone else know about the "Non stamped version "of these regs? i got one w/ absolutely no writing on it and the talk & innuendo i hear is you can return them to G.Air and they will give you another ? it works fine i just heard that they MAY have a safety issue's -make sure you got one w/etched engraving on it -i bought mine before knowing about this .
but yeah i got the same "To short for certain drops" issue also
-great regs though -
flow rate like a motha :D

Chaos_Theory!
04-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah, ANS was selling fake myth regs. ANS will no longer replace them but GA might. ITs been a while since that happend so your window may be closed by now but idk for sure. GA stepped up and was very helpful with the situation.

Steelrat
04-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Apparently the story was...

Guerilla contacted a manufacturer in Taiwan to make the myth regs. The samples they made didn't meet Guerilla's quality standards, so they went with someone else. This manufacturer then contacted ANS, who bought the regs and sold them. They were like low-quality copies of the Myth, and didn't work as well. Guerilla stepped up to the plate and offered to replace them with real Myths, and outstanding customer service move. ANS at first denied there was an issue, then worked with Guerilla to carry the real Myth, and replaced the bogus myths that had been bought.

I had one, and sold it when the tank I was going to put it on failed hydro. The only issue I could see was the shortness issue, which a CP direct mount would negate.

NU_METAL
04-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Chaos_Theory! :cheers:

Steelrat :cheers:

thats for the input ! i had a feeling i missed my window but,.....maybe G.A. will help me out if i call them ,that explained alot on how they got through to the public as " mock mith's "

ThePixelGuru
04-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Apparently the story was...

Guerilla contacted a manufacturer in Taiwan to make the myth regs. The samples they made didn't meet Guerilla's quality standards, so they went with someone else. This manufacturer then contacted ANS, who bought the regs and sold them. They were like low-quality copies of the Myth, and didn't work as well. Guerilla stepped up to the plate and offered to replace them with real Myths, and outstanding customer service move. ANS at first denied there was an issue, then worked with Guerilla to carry the real Myth, and replaced the bogus myths that had been bought.

I had one, and sold it when the tank I was going to put it on failed hydro. The only issue I could see was the shortness issue, which a CP direct mount would negate.
Hmm, never knew the whole story - I knew some of it, but not how the fakes got on the market. That explains a lot. Amazing customer service move, regardless. We need more paintball companies like that, they're few and far between these days.