PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Betty + Paintball

BigTrucker
04-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Ok, so my wife is watching Ugly Betty from last night on the DVR. I walked in and saw that all the Actors had paintball guns. i looked closly and noticed that they all had Ions :rolleyes: and they never had goggles on. Thanks ABC for making safty last on the list. :nono:

Sumthinwicked
04-25-2008, 06:20 PM
write them ! abc that is

sandfreestyle
04-25-2008, 06:27 PM
They have done the same thing in a lot of other shows and movies. I think it gives people the wrong idea about paintball.

Chronobreak
04-25-2008, 07:07 PM
They have done the same thing in a lot of other shows and movies. I think it gives people the wrong idea about paintball.

ive noticed this myself, when enforcing or stating safety rules to new or younger players when saying if you take your mask off you are done for the day no question asked i see alot of gasp, or if someone takes one of on the field they dont understand why you yell, stop the game until its on, or run over and push it on them.

ide rather upset someone and have them feel i was being a prick or unfair than send little johnny home without the same amount of eyes(working) he came with

sandfreestyle
04-25-2008, 07:47 PM
ive noticed this myself, when enforcing or stating safety rules to new or younger players when saying if you take your mask off you are done for the day no question asked i see alot of gasp, or if someone takes one of on the field they dont understand why you yell, stop the game until its on, or run over and push it on them.

ide rather upset someone and have them feel i was being a prick or unfair than send little johnny home without the same amount of eyes(working) he came with
I bet the people who set up the shoots have no idea what a paintball can do to someones eye

Ninjeff
04-25-2008, 07:51 PM
i beleive they do it so the viewer can tell who the people are.

Which is stupid.

maddboy32
04-25-2008, 08:32 PM
a lot of show that do that never shoot paint......just air, for the effect.

(though i think they need some kind of goggles) :cool:

Toll
04-25-2008, 09:24 PM
"I couldn't see who was shooting at me"

I've had some very angry parents yelling at me that I knocked their kid down when he took off his goggles on the speedball field.

Ruler_Mark
04-25-2008, 09:34 PM
I loved the no hopper 8 mile paintball scene.

snoopay700
04-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Yeah, my friend was talking about how on the king of queens they had masks but as soon as they started talking while going for the flag or something they put them on their foreheads. Other shows have simple shop goggles covered in paint which leads kids to think that will stop a paintball (even a cartoon, king of the hill, did that). It's just utter stupidity on the producers'/directors' part, and i doubt it'll stop since they likely aren't into it.

questionful
04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
No hopper? haha.
My brother's friend came over yesterday. When he saw my air tank next to some of my other paintball stuff he said "What's that for?" I said "to power the paintball gun" or something similar. He gave me a puzzled look and just said "Why?" I guess to the average non-paintballer, you just pull the trigger and the paintball gun shoots the other person (not in the face of course).

Beemer
04-25-2008, 10:18 PM

Yes Sir. Been there done that. Only thing is this guy was no little johnny. I made sure I had SA[situational awarness] on that field walk off. This guy gave me no choice after he did a gog lift no less then three times in a fire fight.[as I was YELLING at him] I read him the mantra as we walked off. You came with two eyes you will leave with two eyes. I know I pissed him off and he thought I was a jerk. Total BAD vibe. When we got off the field he kept walking and I said where you going? Dont you want to talk to the owner. He said no I am leaving. I said ok thats cool, I am happy you are leaving the way YOU came with BOTH your EYES and you should be to, think about it. :clap: