PDA

View Full Version : Turning my classic RT into a pnemag....need a couple answers

Gunhed
04-26-2008, 07:14 AM
Ok peeps I have everything here to start the project...

Question 1...

What do you use as the activation rod from the trigger to the MSV-2 ?

Question 2

do you need to have the rod on an angle or can you drill the hole straight across horizontally

Question 3

I have acquired all the parts required locally ....I have a bunch of cocker hose...is that all you need or is the pressure required too much for the hose I have ?

Thanks in advance guys

ManInBlack
04-26-2008, 07:47 AM

Question 1...

I bought a really long drill bit to do mine and just cut off about an inch or so of the bit to use as the trigger rod.

Question 2

do you need to have the rod on an angle or can you drill the hole straight across horizontally

Either way should work as long as it can move freely.

Question 3

I have acquired all the parts required locally ....I have a bunch of cocker hose...is that all you need or is the pressure required too much for the hose I have ?

Cocker hose is fine. You're using a cocker LPR, right? ;)

Thanks in advance guys

Answers in Bold...

JRingold
04-27-2008, 08:33 PM

Question 1...

Question 2

Question 3

Thanks in advance guys

I'm doing the same thing, well I think. What frame do you have? I'm trying to figure out if the pneumatics will fit into my Benchmark frame.

ManInBlack
04-27-2008, 08:59 PM
There really isn't anywhere in a benchmark frame to mount the MSV2, since they're all open on the inside. An Intelliframe is much easier and more comfortable in my opinion.

BigEvil
04-27-2008, 09:24 PM
There is some very helpful information HERE (http://www.bigevilonline.com/showthread.php?t=7)

JRingold
04-30-2008, 01:00 AM
There really isn't anywhere in a benchmark frame to mount the MSV2, since they're all open on the inside. An Intelliframe is much easier and more comfortable in my opinion.

Yes, we will have to use a mounting bracket for the MSV2. i'm more concerned with the piston fitting inside the frame than anything else. While an intelli would be better, and what I'm used to with my RT-Pro, I'm trying to avoid buying extra parts if I can.

Gunhed
04-30-2008, 04:45 AM
I have a benchmark frame on mine as well....was planning to get an intelli frame

SithSteve
04-30-2008, 09:56 AM

Question 1...

Some people use the trigger rod that is on their stock assembly... I used a rivet that I gound down to fit. It was cheap and I didn't have to destroy my trigger assembly.

Question 2

I tried to keep mine as straight as possible, but the important part is to allow enough room for the lever on the MSV-2 to cycle. I had to grind off some material from the inside of the frame to allow this.

Question 3

You'll be fine with the hose you have. I believe there is only about 50-80psi once it passes though the LPR.

Thanks in advance guys

As for the types of frames you can modify, you can use any type that has enough space internally to place all the parts in. So far I've seen Logic frames (both the 90* and the standard), Intelliframes, RPG Ultralite and Chimera frames, Cerberus frames, etc. I can't see there being enough room to fit all that stuff into a Benchmark frame (not to say it can't be done though).