PDA

View Full Version : On/Off compatibility question for classic valve

garbageman705
04-26-2008, 02:35 PM
The stock on/off pin has a really stiff pull, can I use a RT on/off to reduce the trigger stiffness without detriment to performance? I have heard the ULT is a no no but how about the RT? Thanks :shooting:

thejayare
04-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Most of the time you can get an RT on/off to work in a classic valve. A few people have gotten ULTs to work, but most of the time that just leads to "chuff chuff".

ThePixelGuru
04-26-2008, 07:39 PM
On a Classic Valve, the RT on/off will lighten the pull slightly and slightly increase your chance of chuffing, while the ULT will lighten the pull significantly and significantly increase your chance of chuffing. It's a tradeoff, and the RT on/off is commonly accepted as the best tradeoff. I know people who have used ULTs in Classic Valves with no problem, though, you just have to be careful on the trigger.

Motorhead
04-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Tried to get an RT on/off to work in any of my 3 classic valves ... No luck .. chuff chuff :cry:

Coralis
04-26-2008, 10:32 PM
I found that with the rt on/off it worked better with single finger trigger frame better than a double finger trigger frame , i guess the extra leverage the double trigger gave just made it to easy to start chuffing

Chris Nearchos
05-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Yea, getting the ult to work in the classic valve can be a big pain. But i was able to get it to work in a classic with the use of 7 shims. DO NOT TAKE THIS INFO AS WHAT ONE SHOULD DO! this is only to show how i got it to work in mine without any problem of chuffing and no decrease in performance. ALWAYS start with a few spacers and work your way to either less or more shims!
-Chris

athomas
05-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Tried to get an RT on/off to work in any of my 3 classic valves ... No luck .. chuff chuff :cry:
Try adding a couple of shims between the two RT on-off halves to help reduce the short stroking.

flyingpootang
05-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Gman, I use a RT on/off with a .750 pin & a quad o-ring inside of the larger white o-ring.

athomas
05-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Yeah, the quad oring offers less friction than the urethane orings, so the pin moves more freely which is great for the reduced return force generated by the AIR valve vs the RT valve.