PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag ruled the day

Mechanic79
04-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Had a tourny/league yesterday in MN. where it was snowing/flurring most the day. Temps in the low to upper 30's with wind chill. had to keep the car running now and again to keep the paint warm.

First started with the invert mini. 20 shots into the first game and the paint started exploding in a semi frozen goo.

Next game, switched to the pneumag and not even one barrel break for 11 games. by the 12 however, about 20 shots in. that semi frozen goo paint acted up again. None the less, the pneumag worked all day with no issues. I had to chrono part way through the day because the temp kept dropping and my veloicty dropped 20 fps. 280 to 260 and even with level X tuned to the max for anti chop, I still didn't have issues.

Thanks to the Pneumag, I had a great day playing in the crappiest of weather!

chem
04-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Oh yeah, that pneu ripped! I never had to worry about you having gun problems on the field, or D with his mini-mag either! My ego was flawless, only succumbing to the frozen goop once. If it had issues, then I would have been shooting the Emag or the RTULE. Either way, we all were coverd. Yay for mags XD

KevinA
04-27-2008, 05:18 PM
:clap:

Mechanic79
05-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Use good quality FDA approved SYNTHETIC oil. sway from petroleum based synthetics.

The oil I used is approved down to -40º F

And of course, oil everyday and even twice in extreme weather.

SithSteve
05-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Good to hear man... I can't wait to get my PneuMag on the field for a proper workout!

drg
05-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Why is that anyway? I can't think of a reason why a pneumag would be any easier on paint than a mini unless the barrel was sized improperly on the mini. Was it?

Mongoose
05-01-2008, 10:31 PM
i always find myself ditching the mini for my pneumag.

and i have had many situations were my mini chopped but my p-mag didnt.
The lvl x when tuned properly...works!

no limit
05-01-2008, 10:46 PM
i always find myself ditching the mini for my pneumag.

and i have had many situations were my mini chopped but my p-mag didnt.
The lvl x when tuned properly...works!

I will say the mini's are a little more finicky, but once tuned I have rarely had a problem with chopping paint, even below freezing. Are you guys running NDZ's bolt and spring? The blue spring is basically like a level 10 for the mags. You really learn to appreciate the mini when you don't have a fill station right next to you. I am running on 150 psi at 289 +-5 fps. It's nice not having to worry about running out of air in the middle of a fire fight. :)

d4m4don3
05-01-2008, 10:46 PM
If the mini was using Dow 33 I would probably guess that's why it started chopping paint. The poppet can only move so much until the lube seizes it up at that low a temperature. If it's using Dow maybe you might want to switch to something that can operate better at a lower temp.

:)

no limit
05-01-2008, 10:47 PM
If the mini was using Dow 33 I would probably guess that's why it started chopping paint. The poppet can only move so much until the lube seizes it up at that low a temperature. If it's using Dow maybe you might want to switch to something that can operate better at a lower temp.

:)

Agreed. Lurker lube and Hater Sauce is as good as it gets. I have run the lurker well below freezing with no hiccups.

Mechanic79
05-02-2008, 06:08 AM
Why is that anyway? I can't think of a reason why a pneumag would be any easier on paint than a mini unless the barrel was sized improperly on the mini. Was it?

The mini is brand new, all stock. Broke in. used twice a couple times prior. My mini wasn't the ONLY one at the field and no one was using a mini by noon. I'm not saying they are bad guns. but they do seem to be more fair weather from my experience. Also, EYES aren't that great.
I have been reading up on some of the aftermarket bolt kits for the mini but I'm not quite sold on them yet.

The paint was all matched to the freak barrel, even on the looser side. Again, I tune my Level X to the MAX of anti chop. Stick your finger in the breech and you are alright. I would recommend against sticking your finger in the breech of a mini.

drg
05-02-2008, 07:04 PM
So it wasn't so much that the pneumag was so great, but that the mini particularly sucked?

thejayare
05-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Sounds like both, to me.

no limit
05-03-2008, 01:00 AM
As mentioned mini's are finicky. A stock one tends to chop easier. An NDZ bolt and spring goes a long way in preventing that. Also making sure the dwell is setup right helps a lot.

riceboi
05-03-2008, 01:29 AM
i use a mini with NDZ bolt and spring kit run at 130psi, the winter here in utah kinda cold but it still work like a dream. the only down side to the mini that it cant swim in the water with me.

druid
05-03-2008, 01:42 AM
MAN! I can't wait until I get the parts in the mail from cyber! I've already got an LPR from a Cocker I had and will use that until I get a microrock...

Mechanic79
05-04-2008, 08:07 AM
So it wasn't so much that the pneumag was so great, but that the mini particularly sucked?

That could be. Many people have great luck with their mini. Mine was basically brand new and all stock.

cioeboy
05-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I love stories like this. I have walked through a creek (well actually fell into a creek) with my pneumag during a scenario game and came out the other side ripping. :shooting: