PDA

View Full Version : Emaggo or Emag?

thahouse
04-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Alright, i am debating whether i wish to go with an ego mag modification, or to go with emag lowers on one of my mags. I have never used either, so im asking what my fellow AO'ers think of each.

A little about my playing style..
I come from a speedball-ish background, but now 100% scenario player now. Granted i do play scenario, i still have that itch to walk the trigger when needed, hence the reason i pneumagged one of my mags. My primary marker at the moment is a blackcell ion, which is always on semi, but i like to have that capability to unload a case of paint in under a minute if need be since im the front heavy on my team.

Now, im asking you guys to give me the pros and cons of each route, and why you like it.

Thanks a ton!
--dan

mpsd
04-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Alright, i am debating whether i wish to go with an ego mag modification, or to go with emag lowers on one of my mags. I have never used either, so im asking what my fellow AO'ers think of each.

A little about my playing style..
I come from a speedball-ish background, but now 100% scenario player now. Granted i do play scenario, i still have that itch to walk the trigger when needed, hence the reason i pneumagged one of my mags. My primary marker at the moment is a blackcell ion, which is always on semi, but i like to have that capability to unload a case of paint in under a minute if need be since im the front heavy on my team.

Now, im asking you guys to give me the pros and cons of each route, and why you like it.

Thanks a ton!
--dan

I'll provide you with my feedback for both trigger systems, since I have an e-Mag and an electro-pneu Mag (not made on an Ego frame but still the same thing).

I preffer the e-Mag for the general feel of the trigger, plus you have the advantage to run it in mech or hybrid (the best) modes. It resembles a mech trigger in feel but it can go as fast as any electro so it has the best of both worlds. The main disadvantage of this setup is the weight but, as you play in the woods, shouldn't affect you so much. Still, if you go with ULE lowers and have a ULE body and rail (like I do), you can consider just 3 or 4 ounces more.

As for the electro-pneu, itīs better for speedball since you can really walk the trigger pretty easy and it provides a super-light package. The main disadvantage is that you'll run on 9v (easier to change but lesser battery life, speacially if you get one of KCs-RTuleīs battery packs) and also that it may give you more maintenance or, at least, more possible points of failure, since it has the LPR and the electro-pneu noid while the e-Mag is pure electronics. also, the trigger feel isnīt so good as itīs only a switch being pressed.

What would recommend? Try testing both and see what you like better. What would I do if thatīs absolutelly impossible? Get the e-Mag.

Smoothice
04-28-2008, 04:46 PM
-pros of emag

has mechanical trigger option
long lasting battery (supposedly)

-cons of emag

heavy
expensive to replace parts (battery may last long but it also costs $100 to replace)
limited # of replacement parts

-pros of emaggo

light
cheap to repair

In the end it comes down to preference. Good luck.