PDA

View Full Version : Predator Board

KevinA
04-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Anyone have one of these installed on their Mag? I got a set of lowers coming with the same board installed as the Devil Mag, and can't find anything specs wise on them. I want to know if I can use an ACE board with this board, or if I have to get eyes hole drilled in my phoenix :( . Thanks in advance for everyones time.

Kevin

grEnAlEins
04-28-2008, 10:51 PM
To my knowledge they will NOT work with the ACE boards. I may well be wrong. They have manuals on their website that you should check out, assuming you know which board you got. All are basically the same though.

I have Preds in my shocker, angel, and in an EP-Mag currently held by RRFireblade (work in progress). They are nice boards.

KevinA
04-28-2008, 11:05 PM
I tried going to TAGSportz.com, but there was no site found, and from what I understand, the are the manufactures of the board. It's a predator Morlock, which I assume means a predator board with Morlock software?

p8ntbal4me
04-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Anyone have one of these installed on their Mag? I got a set of lowers coming with the same board installed as the Devil Mag, and can't find anything specs wise on them. I want to know if I can use an ACE board with this board, or if I have to get eyes hole drilled in my phoenix :( . Thanks in advance for everyones time.

Kevin

Andy "YDNA" of ZDS has made his own ACE and done custom work to make an E-Mag with ACE from the ground up.

He has also used a Morlock in the existing ACE setup in an X-Mag as well.

Tuna has also used a morlock or 2 in E/X-Mags.

There are pictures, color diagrams, and some tech support posted here.

All this information can be had on the AO by searching the terms "ACE" & "Morlock"

I have a scanned copy of the 10.0 Coded Morlock manual. If someone needs it I would be happy to post it up.

:cheers:

~ P8nt

Empyreal Rogue
04-29-2008, 11:07 AM
How is the Morlock software different from, say, XMod? Not to turn this thread into a software debate but I am just curious.

p8ntbal4me
04-29-2008, 01:17 PM
How is the Morlock software different from, say, XMod? Not to turn this thread into a software debate but I am just curious.

Pound for pound the Morlock is in a class all its own.

Its small, simple, and the code is great.

Problem with the morlock isnt the board, but the company that makes the board.

XMOD is a software flash/update so it uses the existing board installed in the AGD E/X-Mag.

Its simple, it works, and gives the ACE the kind of ability to tweek it you may be looking for if you wanted to upgrade the existing electronics for simplified usage.

I have XMOD on a few of my E-Mags,... nothing but great results from all of Paul's (LorneCash) product/work.

If you were thinking of a morlock in the E/X-Mag,.. dont waste ur time. Great board,... but better saved for a DIY project. Flashing the AGD board with XMOD is by far the best way to go.

Im working on converting a spare E-Mag with the Scenario Dreams UTB. Ive used them in a few other projects and havent had an issue with them.

~ P8nt

KevinA
04-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the tips, I'm not sure exactly what version software is in the board, but it's already installed, and from what I'm told rips. I tried the search, but all I got was a debate between the AGD board, and the Morlock. I'll try the other keywords here in a bit.

Papa_Smurf
04-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Andy "YDNA" of ZDS has made his own ACE and done custom work to make an E-Mag with ACE from the ground up.

Do you have a link?

:hail:

p8ntbal4me
04-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the tips, I'm not sure exactly what version software is in the board, but it's already installed, and from what I'm told rips. I tried the search, but all I got was a debate between the AGD board, and the Morlock. I'll try the other keywords here in a bit.

Morlock & HES thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118113&highlight=hall+effect+sensor)

Morlock & HES wiring plus different versions of Morlock questions (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118113)

Morlock Install Guide for E/X-Mag (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193084&highlight=morlock+ACE)

The last link is the one with YDNA's picture guide on the ACE install he did.

:cheers:

~ P8nt

p8ntbal4me
04-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Do you have a link?

:hail:

For some reason,.. AO is not liking my post replies.

You can find the information for Andy's work in the last link I posted 1 post above.

~ P8nt

PS: I probley should have pointed out that he did a custom install. But basically, its a older Euro X-Mag ACE. Like the ones BEFORE the PCBs. Good write up on it for anyone trying to reverse engineer the wire leads.

Ydna
04-29-2008, 11:18 PM
You can see some pics and info on this page of mine http://www.zdspb.com/customwork/customboard.html
I never did get the chance to mess with the stock ACE board (was actually thinking about reproducing them at one point) but since that time I've flirted with the idea of using my I-LEB (http://www.zdspb.com/customwork/ileb.html) concept with an E/X-mag, to essentially give the marker beam-break eyes using the stock hardware, but I never got around to trying it on any guns. Been a while since I did any good ole fashioned mag work... :cry:

KevinA
04-30-2008, 12:25 AM
What is that switch you have you have above the battery pack on the mag, and what type of eye is it that you used? Does it need any particular code on the board for it to function?

Ydna
05-01-2008, 08:44 PM
It's just a semi-generic slide switch that I picked up locally, I used to use them on some of my Morlock installs...back in the day when I actually did Morlock installs...lol
The only trick is you have to insulate it from the frame since the frame itself is the "ground" for the circuit board. It acts as one giant heatsink for the big ole solenoid. So you can't have the positive +18v short out to the ground side or you'll get sparks.

The Morlock board in that install is/was programmed for both beam-break and reflective eyes. I used a Fairchild QRD1114 reflective eye which is the best reflective eye I've found to work with a morlcok board, without changing its programming in any way (which isn't something you can really do without programming experimentation and such).

KevinA
05-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Thanks.