PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Identify This Body

Spencer
04-28-2008, 11:37 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn178/spencerfitch/DSC02392.jpg

What is this? Looks like ultra light but it has a lip under the barrel..

Tao
04-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Prolly a prototype ule body. TK asked around for oppinions on what the final style should be. Check out the prototype lab on this site.

snoopay700
04-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Prolly a prototype ule body. TK asked around for oppinions on what the final style should be. Check out the prototype lab on this site.
Nope, just a ULE body with the front milled, not even spun on a lathe or milled to get rid of the marks on the front.

DevilMan
04-29-2008, 01:06 AM
I believe its an EXILE body... I always get them mixed up though. One of Rogues bodies.

He trimmed the fronts off. It looks odd because I believe on an RT or EMAG rail the bottom lip comes out to even with the rail. On a stock AM/MM rail you get the overhang.

Could be wrong though,

DM

EDIT: Check for confirmation here http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227627&highlight=exile

And here's a pic with the Pariah body... Can never remember that one by name...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227891&highlight=exile

Or just do a search at the top of this page and type in EXILE... You'll get more hits.

DM

mr doo doo
04-29-2008, 01:48 AM
hey Devilman, though you are right about the Exile bodies, i dont believe the one in the picture is one. Exile bodies were never made in blue, and they came with Sub-zero feednecks (though it could have been anodized and the feedneck could have been switched, but what are the chances? :p ). if you can notice, there is some raw aluminum showing on the back part of the lip, indicating that it was cut.

snoopay700
04-29-2008, 06:40 AM
hey Devilman, though you are right about the Exile bodies, i dont believe the one in the picture is one. Exile bodies were never made in blue, and they came with Sub-zero feednecks (though it could have been anodized and the feedneck could have been switched, but what are the chances? :p ). if you can notice, there is some raw aluminum showing on the back part of the lip, indicating that it was cut.
However this isn't consistent with the rest that is showing where it's been cut, it's blue above the barrel and toward the front. And i guess i always missed that the exile still had the ULR markings on the front, or my eyes are playing tricks on me.

michbich
04-29-2008, 07:47 AM
However this isn't consistent with the rest that is showing where it's been cut, it's blue above the barrel and toward the front. And i guess i always missed that the exile still had the ULR markings on the front, or my eyes are playing tricks on me.
The exile is a modified ULE, so it has those ULE marks near the barrel. Although this looks like someone's homemade modification, that modification seems really well made.

DevilMan
04-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Looks like a reanno'd and well used Exile body to me. Not homegrown.... The AL showing is just wear and tear.

Don't know... just my idea... if it's not a TRUE exile it's at least a real close copy.

DM

Ruler_Mark
04-29-2008, 10:55 AM
rogue has offered raw exiles and exiles without sub zeros so it is possible.

Gabriel
04-29-2008, 12:44 PM
and the feedneck was not the original one that came with THAT body... notice the marks very close to where the feedneck would meet witht he body... not impossible, but highly unlikely that those marks would be put on that neck without touching the body.

I think it's safe to say that's an exile.

mr doo doo
04-29-2008, 08:25 PM
on second thought, i guess it could be an exile. didnt recognize the color difference between the feedneck and body, but other than that, it was pretty darn well done if it was done at home. my bad Devilman.

snoopay700
04-29-2008, 08:40 PM
The exile is a modified ULE, so it has those ULE marks near the barrel. Although this looks like someone's homemade modification, that modification seems really well made.
Yeah, i just never noticed, i always thought that they were done away with after milling because all of the pictures never really showed the marks, so i also thought they were thin bodies.

michbich
04-29-2008, 09:03 PM
So we can all agree that it's an exile body with an anno job and stock neck?

Also, if it were to be homemade, we would see raw aluminium across the entire cut and not just a small portion.

Spencer
04-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Ok, well its for sale! Anybody wants it?