PDA

View Full Version : nitro/compressed air

clanger
01-20-2002, 12:05 AM
i was wondering what would be a good nitrogen/compressed air tank to get for my 68 automag. I'm currently looking to buy one thats around 68ci but i'm new to the whole nitro systems. also will it improve the preformance of my gun at all?

chris

FooTemps
01-20-2002, 12:15 AM
Yes, it will. HPA will increase your consistency so you won't have any velocity spikes. The consistency will keep shot groupings closer together. PMI and Crossfire make the cheaper nitro tanks that are pre-regulated to a set number of 850 psi. The other thanks like max flo, flatline, angel air, etc. have adjustable regulators so you can control how much psi is going into your gun.

Jonno06
01-20-2002, 07:16 AM
Yes,HPA will keep your gun from shooting HOT in the summer, and keep it from FREEZING up in the winter.I would think Flatline would be the best on your mag,because its made by AGD.but then again Max-Flow is made by smart parts,and their guns run better on co2.I would definetly get a HPA system.I would get 3000psi system.You can use at tournaments and at your local ,field for some recball.my field doesnt fill the 45k psi tanks,probly because you get more shots with it.And more shots means less fills.Less fills,less money they make.3k only take 3$ to fill.45k takes about 4.50$(1.00$ per 1k psi)

paintbattler
01-20-2002, 08:00 AM
yes it will help. i wood reccomemend a preset system if u dont have a ReTro. if u do have one, get an adjustable one

HoppysMag
01-20-2002, 08:01 AM
Nitro/Hpa/Compressed Air will definatly help your proformance. If you dont have the $$$ for a larger tank go smaller. For your first tank dont go and get a Angle A.I.R. or any high end thing like that. unless you plan on playin lots of tourney and you got the $$$.

hitmanng
01-20-2002, 09:23 AM
I suggest looking for a used fiber wrapped tank in the Classified section. Don't spend big till you have tried it for a while. Then you can upgrad and resell the old one.
Hitmanng