PDA

View Full Version : The deal of the century or how i learned to stop worrying and vote in my poll

seekandestroy78
04-29-2008, 09:16 PM
So, my friend joined the army about 6 months ago. I started getting back into paintball after an almost 2 year hiatus.Last week it hit me, my friend is in the army and his emag is just collecting dust. I call him up and lowball the piss out of him. he plays with real guns now so he has no need for this one. I gave him $250 for this beauty and a 68 3k centerflag that goes out of hydro in literally days.
my new toy
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/excalpb451/Picture001.jpg

I've been building a pneumag for the last few months, piece by piece. The final touch, the pneus will be here any day now. now my question is, how do you think i should mount my lpr? I had it the normal way, under the barrel. I got an extra 90* fitting and started taking things apart. vote on wether i should keep it the norm or go with it the way i have it in the picture?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/excalpb451/Picture004.jpg

michbich
04-29-2008, 10:02 PM
If you do it like in your pic, you're not worried on accidently turning the LPR while holding the foregrip?

I like inside the frame...a clean sleeper.

Warwitch
04-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Damn, you totally threw you buddy under the bus! Great deal though! (hope you can sleep at night :p )

Smoothice
04-29-2008, 10:50 PM
wow! If I was your buddy and accidently read this thread I would wupp your *@&. :nono:

Way to go :cheers:

I prefer under the barrel or in the grip. But thats just me.

ShotgunFacelift
04-29-2008, 11:28 PM
IM going with the typical "under the barrel" mount.

Reason being I cant think of a way to Cleanly run the LP hose from the reg to the pneumatic internals in the grip.
I would be worried about accidentally snagging the LP hose with my fingers.

If you can figure out a way to run the hose straight into the rail then to the pneus it would be a pretty unique setup.

lasrsktr
04-30-2008, 12:02 AM
It your going to run it like you have pictured I would suggest a 90 barb which will allow you to run it up into the rail much easier than you have it currently.

But on to my opnion... I do not like it... Sorry.... it looks cleaner off the front that how you have it atm (to much clutter) and thats not mag like to me.

snoopay700
04-30-2008, 07:02 AM
Damn, you totally threw you buddy under the bus! Great deal though! (hope you can sleep at night :p )
If your friends can't screw you, who can?

Hell of a steal, but if he's a good friend then shame on you. :nono:

maddboy32
04-30-2008, 07:08 AM
If your friends can't screw you, who can?
HAHAHAHAHA ....................... your girlfriend, or her friends!!

seekandestroy78
04-30-2008, 07:25 AM
It your going to run it like you have pictured I would suggest a 90 barb which will allow you to run it up into the rail much easier than you have it currently.

But on to my opnion... I do not like it... Sorry.... it looks cleaner off the front that how you have it atm (to much clutter) and thats not mag like to me.

i was planning on getting a 90* barb. and i was going to drill a hole in the rial right behind the va and run it thru the air line that was made by luke.

as for turning the lpr, i was thinking a set screw on the knob to keep it from accidentally jacking up the pressure.

EDIT: Although i am friends with him, i havent actually seen him in years. he lived close by and our parents still talk. i dont think he would get mad if he read this post, the gun was doing nothing sitting in his house and he could use the cash.

grEnAlEins
04-30-2008, 08:06 PM
I say keep it how it is, but I am goofy.

cyrus-the-virus
04-30-2008, 08:14 PM
HAHAHAHAHA ....................... your girlfriend, or her friends!!

What if some of her friends are male.....

snoopay700
04-30-2008, 08:20 PM
We don't judge here, you go right ahead and do what you want. ;)

maddboy32
05-01-2008, 10:38 AM
then i guess you really are screwed.

maddboy32
05-01-2008, 10:40 AM
i voted like the pic.

put a 90* barb on it and i think it would look cool.

jp8900
05-01-2008, 03:13 PM
I agree with like the pic. Get the 90* barb and then get a black alloy fitting instead of the brass one and i think that would be a super clean setup.

warbeak2099
05-01-2008, 03:36 PM
now my question is, how do you think i should mount my lpr? I had it the normal way, under the barrel. I got an extra 90* fitting and started taking things apart. vote on wether i should keep it the norm or go with it the way i have it in the picture?

Get a 90* fitting for the lp hose on the LPR. Run it up through the rail. Baddabing.

chafnerjr
05-01-2008, 06:04 PM
At least your going to stand out from the crowd no matter what people think about it! It's certainly a unique look :D Do whatever you want but I think it's cool... Admittedly I voted for front mount, then I thought about it. Damn snap decisions :tard:

seekandestroy78
05-02-2008, 08:26 AM
i need to get a newer 90* fitting, that one is off a rental mag that was used in the early 90's. i like it that way and it doesnt feel much different than an emag foregrip(compared to a regualr foregrip). my pneu kit got here yesterday and i need to find someone with a drill/tap set.