PDA

View Full Version : question about warp feeds

leperchaun
05-01-2008, 12:06 AM
I was wondering if a warp feed would feed from a backpack setup to a gun. I have never seen anyone or heard of anyone trying.

Thx

Tim

ta2maki
05-01-2008, 02:26 AM
I have never seen anyone or heard of anyone trying.That's because you didn't search.

To do a backback loader you will need 2 warps, 1 in the backpack and 1 on the gun if you want it fast, else you can...

You need to do the following things to make it fuctional:

Dual disks on both sides.
12 volts or better power
narrow the hub
replace the oring drive belt with a cog belt.
Make the system direct drive from the marker.

There are already several working versions of this but no one really thinks they look cool enough to use.

AGD

Ratt
05-01-2008, 05:21 AM
I actually built one of these a few years ago. I used a Cobra Tac vest. I used the 'backpack' part to hold the paint. I cut a hole in the bottom of the backpack, and attached the warp to the vest beneath the hole, so that the paint fell out of the backpack, and into the warp. That warp fed another warp that I had attached to the gun. I activated the warp by running a wire from the first warp to my gun. I installed a pressure switch onto the trigger, so every time I pushed the trigger, the warp spun. It was a pretty rough rig, but had I kept it, I am sure I could have got it perfect. Maybe I'll try again someday. If you build one, be sure to post pics!

questionful
05-01-2008, 05:32 PM
As ta2maki quoted, it's possible. As you can see on page 17 of this patent application, it was actually intended to be able to be adapted to a back-pack loader system.
http://www.airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/patents/US006467473.pdf
There are two videos on youtube of a pneumatic backpack loader, couldn't find them, I'll edit them in later.

That's because you didn't search.
:nono:

leperchaun
05-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the help. I am trying to setup a rig with two warps on a backpack and run them to two pistols. Speed is not realy a factor i am hoping it will feed 8-9 bps.

Thanks again

Tim