PDA

View Full Version : AO-VA Day Anounced!

Tassel Mask
05-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Attention members of Automags.org, the first AO-VA game will be held the second weekend of May, Sat. 17th 10:30 AM at Hogback Mountain Paintball, Leesburg VA.

This is only a walk-on game. Price around $40 for those without gear. That includes 500 paintballs, gun, mask, and CO-2. This is as cheap as Paintball gets if you dont have your own gear! Bring friends, family, or whom ever.

I am having trouble locking down our own private field. Im going to the park this weekend to see what i can do. I am bringing around 3 to 10 people.

Side note, there is a facebook group for this event. You must have a facebook account to view the page. All are welcome to join. :cheers:

Hope to see some Ao buds there, so hop to it gents!

T.M.
Team Captain SGA

Hogback website: http://www.hogback.net/
Facebook group website: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=13180128788

rawbutter
05-02-2008, 03:09 PM
I should hopefully be there with one other, but I'm not 100% sure. Something else has come up that I might have to do. I'll let you know early next week, though.

Tassel Mask
05-02-2008, 09:34 PM
There has been an error in my early posting. The game is to be held on the 17th of May, not the 10th...after college finals. So everyone has an extra week to plan. Hope to see everyone soon. I will be checking this thread often, so if anyone has questions or comments, they will be seen.

For those planning on comming, please post here so I can build a rollsheet.

Thanks again for everyone who has contributed to the outstanding Forums here on AO. You guys definatley keep me excited about this sport. Please come out and join us for our AO VA-Day. :spit_take

T.M.

Tassel Mask
05-05-2008, 10:26 AM
I went to Hogback park on Sunday. They have good parking and good fields. OK, maybe not the best fields, but the best price. It is going to be BYO-Paint for the 17th. So go stock up on cheap paint and blast me on Saturday.

rawbutter
05-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Any idea what the field costs and all-day-air costs will be? Are we looking at $25ish plus whatever we bring?

Empyreal Rogue
05-05-2008, 05:51 PM
You say the first AO-VA in your post, will there be another one this year or something? I'm working on the 17th so I can't make it, but if you're planning a second let us know so we can plan for it. I'd love to be available for it.

Tassel Mask
05-05-2008, 06:42 PM
About prices

Hogback Mountain Paintball Prices
Walk-on Rates
No reservation required for walk-on play. Groups of 8 of more can reserve a field.

10am Brief, play until 5pm
Own gun 15 dollars.
Rental gun 45 dollars includes 500 paintballs, mask and all day air.
Private Group Rates
Requires at least 8 players. Reservations and a deposit are required to book.

Full Day Rates

Start at 10am, play until 5pm
$60 Rental Package includes Semi Auto gun, mask, Co2, and 500 paintballs
$45 Own gun 500 balls

Full day rates include air all day.

1/2 Day Rates

Start at 9am play until 12:30 or
Start at 1:30PM and play until 5
Start at 5pm and play till 8pm finish up under the lights.
$45 Rental Package includes Semi Auto gun, mask, Co2, and 500 paintballs
$30 Own gun & 500 balls

1/2 day rates include one free fill.
Discounts are not available for 1/2 day sessions.
1/2 day rates are only available on Saturdays and Sundays.

Private groups are Field Paint Only - you must purchase paint at the field, you may not use your own. Private groups are a minimum of 8 people. All group rates listed are per person.
Paintball Prices
2000(case) $55.00
500 $15.00
CO2 refill prices
9oz $2.00
12oz $3.00
16oz $3.00
20oz $4.00
Compressed Air Fills
1 Fill $3.00 All Day Air $8.00
Lunch
Blue plate Special $5.00 2 hot dogs 1 drink 1 bag of chips
1 hot dog $2.00
1 drink $1.00
1 bag of chips $1.00
Call: (703) 777-0057

Tassel Mask
05-05-2008, 06:47 PM
You say the first AO-VA in your post, will there be another one this year or something? I'm working on the 17th so I can't make it, but if you're planning a second let us know so we can plan for it. I'd love to be available for it.

Yes, I am planning on having more AO VA days. Hopefully once a month this summer. The problem is, years back, there would be an AO-VA call and people would show up. Now its a lot harder to get AOrs to show up for games.

Reasons for low turnouts: competing forum groups, players leaving the sport or leaving the forum groups.

For those who like facebook, join the East Coast Paintball facebook group. We put up pics, vids (soon), and all kinds of cool stuff that this web site will not allow. Its new, fun, and growing. We'd love to hear from you.

This summer I am planning on spreading the word at the local VA parks about the facebook group. Hopefully us VA players can join up for big games all along the east coast.

Tassel Mask
05-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Hogback Mountain Paintball Info!

Address:
20217 Hogback Mountain Road
Leesburg VA, 20175
(driving directions)

Phone: (703) 777-0057
Email: [email protected]

Tassel Mask
05-05-2008, 06:57 PM
So far, I have 5 comfirmed guests comming to the game. Locking up a private field is a little hard until I can get more people.

For those who know they can make it, hit me with a PM and ill give you more info about joining on the field.

Empyreal Rogue
05-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Like I said, I won't be able to make this game because I have to work but I'll try to make some other games.

A group of friends and myself are all planning a weekend trip to Pevs this summer, so that'd be another 5-6 people if we'd want to try a game there one weekend this summer.

And if you want to we could get one together at Splatbrothers whenever you want. I can get us a private referee for the day and we can play all day.

The first 3 or 4 AO-VAs were really big successes, but looking back at those rosters most of those people have graduated from college, moved, had children, or have simply faded away from the sport. Fortunately for me I'm one of the younger ones in the original AO-VA group and instead of moving away from the paintball scene I moved INTO it (moved to a big city with a central location and picked up a job at a paintball field). Plus, Kevin just had knack for getting a ton of people together. He was really good at organizing events and a really fun guy to hang out and play with.

Tassel Mask
05-07-2008, 10:58 AM
I think the only way to bring e mback is to just start having them and showing people we're still here.

rawbutter
05-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Sadly, it turns out that I won't be able to make it either. Something's come up. :mad:

Hope the rest of you have fun... and hopefully more people will show up than just 5 or 6.

Snap32
05-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Eh... hogback fields are by far not the greatest.. You should have tried to make it at Warplay paintball. That is by far the best field around the area and Thor who owns the field is the man!! check out the website. www.warplaypaintball.com

Tassel Mask
05-13-2008, 01:15 AM
This game is just to start getting people out on the field. For reason's I dont want to go into, warplay is not a place for me to train our noobie teamate! Next AO will be at Warplay! I will try to set up an AO day every month this summer gents. I will be taking photos of our games too and uploading them on the facebook group.

Don't be discouraged mates, more games to come.

Besides, I will be recruiting at the hogback field for new members to my facebook group East Coast Paintball; a place to upload photos, vids or any other piece of media that deems worthy of the game.

So next game guys, cant wait to meet up. :clap:
T.M.