PDA

View Full Version : AA Raptor Question

jhowss
05-03-2008, 11:09 AM
I managed to bend the pin valve in my Aa Raptor regulator. I was wondering if I can use a Automag/minimag pin valve and seat to replace it? I know I can buy a new reg on ebay for pretty inexpensive, but I have some extra mag parts that I can use if they will work. I just don't know if they will or will not...

Shane-O-Mac
05-03-2008, 03:59 PM
I managed to bend the pin valve in my Aa Raptor regulator. I was wondering if I can use a Automag/minimag pin valve and seat to replace it? I know I can buy a new reg on ebay for pretty inexpensive, but I have some extra mag parts that I can use if they will work. I just don't know if they will or will not...

No, the mag seat is too soft and will deform under tank pressure. You can inly use
Mag seats and pins (must use both though) on secondary regs, like the Uni-reg, Vigilante' and Black Ice.

jhowss
05-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Is there anywhere to get a new valve pin and seat or would my best bet be to buy a new raptor reg and use the parts from there to rebuild my current raptor?

arzosah
05-04-2008, 05:53 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Air-America-Raptor-Rex-Regulator-4500psi-Nitro-NIB_W0QQitemZ250242906229QQcmdZViewItem

just bought 2 of these and they working great just make sure you put a new fill nipple oring on it before you gas it up. even though they have never been used the oring is still like 10+ years old.
we tried to gas it up and it bassicaly disintegrated the old oring lol.

ManInBlack
05-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Same thing happened with mine. Good advice.

Shane-O-Mac
05-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Is there anywhere to get a new valve pin and seat or would my best bet be to buy a new raptor reg and use the parts from there to rebuild my current raptor?

Do not take a new reg apart for the parts, as the seat should be replaced when taken out of the reg. When installed the seat is crushed into the proper shape. Once removed and reinstalled it will not work as well as it should. I would buy a new reg and install that on your tank. And as posted above, take the fill nipple apart and oil it, then also take the piston out and lube it with standard paintball oil. These regs have been sitting for some time.

jhowss
05-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Alrighty...thanks for all of your help!