PDA

View Full Version : Brand new AGD TAC-ONE, help!

TODDSTEELE
05-04-2008, 08:30 PM
What rail do I have to get to purchase to mount a longbow shroud onto it? And where can I buy it?

PhoenixWolf
05-05-2008, 03:28 AM
I own a Longbow shroud and stock, and I can confirm that all these rails work:

Tac Rail (old style Tac One rail, not available separately. If you bought the Longbow-ready Tac One, it already has this)
RT Pro Rail (available from tunamart.com for $50)
E-Mag rail (available for $60)

Of these three, the RT Pro rail is your best bet. You will need to tap the twistlock out of the rail to use it with a ULE or Tac One mainbody. A ball peen hammer works just fine for this purpose. Just remember to support the rail with blocks on both sides of the twistlock before knocking it out. This will prevent bending or other damage to the rail.

Note: You will also need to remove your sear from the Tac One's rail and transfer it to your new rail. This can be done by unscrewing the pin at the side and pulling it out. Be sure to oil the sear axle pin prior to removing it, as it may stick on new guns. The exact type of lubricant you use here is not critical, as long as it's non-corrosive. I used 3-in-1 oil and it worked perfectly. I actually recommend this because it is a very good axle lubricant that won't gum up after long periods of use.

jlamont2020
05-05-2008, 11:11 PM
yeah i second pheonix i'd go with a rt pro rail from tunaman, the longbow ready rails are kinda weird for mounting a sight its almost better to use a sight attached to the three hole in the front. why do you want the longbow anyways?