PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Emag Woes...

Paintchucker
01-20-2002, 11:37 AM
Dearest Brothers In Arms,

I bought an EMAG on Ebay and got it the other day. I charged up the battery, put on a bottom line with macro hose and screwed in my 88/4500 Pure Engergy Tank. It works great in Manual Mode, but only fires shots sporatically on E mode. It will fire a shot here and there. 6 shot mode fires 3-4 shots. After a few sporatic shots, it stops firing in E mode all together. I flip it back to manual mode and the first shot has a very odd ring to it. Sometimes it even fires in off mode. Also, when I firrst turned it on, it had over 400,000 shots on it???

Any ideas on how to fix? What is AGD's warranty on an EMAG? I don't want to pitch a fit and leave the guy a bad reference, all I want is a working emag! Dang I miss my hyperframed retro valved minimag. :( Thanks for any thoughts on how to fix or resolve this issue!!!

Sincerely,
TheNewEMAGowner
Rob

Shaft
01-20-2002, 11:47 AM
Have you tried adjusting the magnets?

Paintchucker
01-20-2002, 11:55 AM
I dont have one small enough to get to the little one in the trigger itself. There was only one magnet with a small piece of paper in the one in the spot above the trigger. I will try pulling the paper out. Also, could it be that the little screw in the trigger (for overtravel?) is adjusted too much?

Update: I just tried taking the piece of paper out of the bottom of the magnet hole at top of trigger frame. It makes it harder to pull trigger a little, but no other results. Then I also tried backing the overtravel screw so that it is all the off and has no restriction on trigger. Again No Results... :(

Chef123161
01-20-2002, 01:12 PM
Sounds like poor magnet adjusting. Back out the length limiter screw (in the grip frame) with the switch pointing to E (only way to get to it) a half a turn. Now, turn the magnet in the trigger itself most of the way out so the gun will not fire. Holding down the trigger, turn the magnet in until the gun fires. You can now tweak it to where the gun will fire on every pull. Let us know how it goes.