PDA

View Full Version : sponcorship

magman68
01-20-2002, 11:40 AM
i need some serious help finding a sponcor in Tennessee!any tips?

graycie
01-20-2002, 11:56 AM
spelling "sponsor" correctly may help

magman68
01-20-2002, 12:03 PM
yea,it might but if you look im from Tennessee so im excused

SuperG
01-20-2002, 12:17 PM
Hey dude. E-mail gwatn@aol.com with your request. Should be interesting for you.

FeelTheRT
01-20-2002, 01:15 PM
you can't just get sponsors with out doing anything. You have to win tournaments in order to win sponsorships.

hitmanng
01-20-2002, 02:15 PM
I have answered this before but it must have died in the crash.
The main thing you need to realize is people don't sponser you to be nice they do it because it helps them. You need to have some advantage for the person doing the sponsoring.
ie. I have heard of a car dealer sponsor that the members of the team hand out coupons for the dealer and every time a coupon is used the team gets some cash.
Generally what they get is advertising. If you do well people see your banner and so see the companies name.
Very few companies will give you anything monthly. They normaly want to know exactly what they are getting for the money.
Set up some type of program that lets them know what paintball is and your teams record. I have seen videos on CD done that do this very well. Let them know exactly what you want and what they get.
Good things for the sponseror might be they give you $50.00 and get their logo on your banner, or name on your jersey.
Paintball sponsers will get more out of advertising with you but also have lots of people that want sponsered. You generally need to be winning something good sized fairly frequently to have much luck. Also if you have people on your team that work with people in there bussiness it helps. For example, I am a pharmacist, I might be able to get McNeil the company that makes tylenol to drop me a few hundred to get there logo on a banner and pass out samples at the field. They get more people using tylenol and thinking about it and I like them and buy more McNiel products from them.
It is a you pat my back I pat yours system.
Hope this helps.
Hitmanng

Dayspring
01-20-2002, 05:21 PM
And it helps to run spellcheck on EVERYTHING! Oy vey... The spelling around here can get atrocious!

RT_Luver
01-20-2002, 07:36 PM
Magman,are u on a team,and if ur not,where do u live tennessee,my team is looking for sum good members and could alwas use another mag.check our site if ur interested www.teamfirestorm.cjb.net

magman68
01-20-2002, 09:03 PM
yes,im on a new team in eastern Tennessee but thanks for the offer.maybe we will meet up in a yourney sometime

Paintballer86
01-20-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by magman68
maybe we will meet up in a yourney sometime
A YOURNEY?!?!?!?! WHERE!?!?!?!?! ;)

SGTKennedy
01-20-2002, 09:40 PM
does he mean a Gourney (spelling?) or a Tourney. hmmm.

magman68
01-20-2002, 09:44 PM
Do you think you can lay off the spelling deal here buddy?i mean sue us!oh gosh!he misspelled!off with his head and may God have mercy on his soul!give it a break.....i mean breaak.whoops

bunkerking
01-20-2002, 11:38 PM
"Ask not what your sponsor can do for you, but what you can do for your sponsor."
But seriously though, if you want to get a sponsor you have to get your name out there and you have to have a valuable reputation. Also you have to do well in the events that you play in.

Paintballer86
01-21-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by magman68
Do you think you can lay off the spelling deal here buddy?i mean sue us!oh gosh!he misspelled!off with his head and may God have mercy on his soul!give it a break.....i mean breaak.whoops

Ok, first of all calm down. Second of all, notice how I did this [ ;) ] after my statement? That is a little hint that I was JUST KIDDING. You shouldnt be getting mad at someone this early on in your AO career. If you look around, alot of people do this and we ARE just kidding. So chill out, serousley...