PDA

View Full Version : Count the passes [Cool ad]

Indignant
05-06-2008, 08:41 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ahg6qcgoay4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ahg6qcgoay4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

trevorjk
05-06-2008, 08:48 AM
haha thats good :)

i missed the bear the first time.. but im always on the look out for motocycles! i use to ride all the time and i know how people just dont see you, day and night.

Hilltop Customs
05-06-2008, 09:21 AM
hahaha....thats a good one. Didnt see it coming at all, probably because I thought it was going to be one of those scary pics with real loud screaming lol

Its so true that people dont notice bikes....its the only reason a loud muffler on a good thing. Better to be loud and obnoxious, than quiet and run over. Ive almost been hit so many times it is scary....almost everytime has been stupid people not paying attention at intersections. Sad thing is people who dont see motorcycles are just as likely not to see pedestrians or bicyclists....IMO some people shouldnt have the privilage of driving...

snoopay700
05-06-2008, 03:49 PM
I actually saw the bear the first time.

bryceeden
05-06-2008, 04:08 PM
I actually saw the bear the first time.

I didn't. Thats an awsome video.

DevilMan
05-06-2008, 04:33 PM
One thing I like to tell my students to help the realize what being "invisible" really means is to ask them a question or two...

The first one is...

Who has ever gotten/bought a new car??? Not brand new... just new to them. 99% raise their hand....

I then pick one and ask what the car was/is.... then another then another... I get about 3 or 4 responses then take one just a bit more obscure than most and use it for an example.

I say... "So John, you got a 78 Chevy Nova in lime green.... Nice car and kind of rare eh??"

And so you got it and on the way home.... how many other 78 Nova's did you see on the road??? How many were green??? How many were lime green??? How many did you see parked on the same street that you live on???

*Note: I don't even know if there were Nova's in 78 or if they were lime green... It's an example*

So then as the light bulbs come on and everyone starts thinking of their car and how many they see on the road after getting one even though none existed before they got it. It has ALOT less to do with invisible and ALOT more to do with people pay attention to and see what they are familar with.

People can tell the difference in a 98 and 99 Ford Mustang just seeing it on the street. They will know the colors that were available. They will know that the wheels are aftermarket and not stock. They will RELATE to what they own.

Same is true for folks and their paintball guns. You get used to what you have and notice with other folks bring out the same thing. And you always thought you had it one off....

This is another reason why I think everyone should have to ride 1 year or long 10K miles on a motorcycle before they are allowed to get an auto license.

You should be required to get a pic taken of you and the bike together and it should not exceed 500cc and you should have to put 10K miles or 1 year on it. And there should be a way where you have to prove that you put them on.

Anyway... think it'd do the world some good.....

BTW, funny vid... I've seen/used it before.

DM

Indignant
05-06-2008, 05:38 PM
One thing I like to tell my students to help the realize what being "invisible" really means is to ask them a question or two...

The first one is...

Who has ever gotten/bought a new car??? Not brand new... just new to them. 99% raise their hand....

I then pick one and ask what the car was/is.... then another then another... I get about 3 or 4 responses then take one just a bit more obscure than most and use it for an example.

I say... "So John, you got a 78 Chevy Nova in lime green.... Nice car and kind of rare eh??"

And so you got it and on the way home.... how many other 78 Nova's did you see on the road??? How many were green??? How many were lime green??? How many did you see parked on the same street that you live on???

*Note: I don't even know if there were Nova's in 78 or if they were lime green... It's an example*

So then as the light bulbs come on and everyone starts thinking of their car and how many they see on the road after getting one even though none existed before they got it. It has ALOT less to do with invisible and ALOT more to do with people pay attention to and see what they are familar with.

People can tell the difference in a 98 and 99 Ford Mustang just seeing it on the street. They will know the colors that were available. They will know that the wheels are aftermarket and not stock. They will RELATE to what they own.

definitely a good point. we never saw Early Broncos until we got ours, and i couldn't remember ever seeing an old Z car around here until I started to get into them.

sandfreestyle
05-06-2008, 05:51 PM
You want anyother interesting thing to see? Look at Corvette drivers, most are over the age of 50 or so. They have a lot of grey hair and what not. It sounds stupid but seriously, just watch for it.

lidocaine
05-06-2008, 06:12 PM
is there seriously a moonwalking bear or is this a joke? I totally dont see one

paintball72
05-06-2008, 06:43 PM
a guy dressed as a black bear, he comes in after a few seconds to tossing from the right and crosses the screen, exiting on the left

grEnAlEins
05-06-2008, 06:55 PM
good ad :clap:

Did not see that coming...

snoopay700
05-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Devilman i know exactly what you mean, i never saw Ford Probes until i saw one and noticed how ugly they are, and now they're everywhere. When i realized this happened with cars though it made me sad because i realized i could have seen a nice car like a lotus or RX7 without knowing what it was and being all happy that i saw it.

Empyreal Rogue
05-06-2008, 10:38 PM
My psych professors love showing this video to us. There's another one that features a gorilla and the gorilla actually joins in on the ball passing, even less people notice that one.

bornl33t
05-07-2008, 05:13 AM
Compleatly random, I own a Chevy Malibu. I see 20 of them in the first 10 miles I drive every day, but when I was in Minnesota last fall I only ever saw one other one. What's the deal there? Anyone?

skife
05-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Devilman i know exactly what you mean, i never saw Ford Probes until i saw one and noticed how ugly they are, and now they're everywhere. When i realized this happened with cars though it made me sad because i realized i could have seen a nice car like a lotus or RX7 without knowing what it was and being all happy that i saw it.

probes arn't ugly.

:P

but yeah, after you own a vehicle you see it more often.

excpet merkur's i still havn't seen one here in houston.