PDA

View Full Version : yay my air walk frame - what do you guy think?

pk5
05-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Engraving courtesy of Jay.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3261/picture393ge5.jpg

The rest of the frame is gonna be polished, to match the phoenix body. Then the anodizing will be masking off the phoenix body with blue strpes so that it look flow-y like the articuno tail seen on the engraving. The grip panel will be just clear anodize to keep the engraving, but the frame it self will probably get polished and a masked blue ano job.

questionful
05-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Nice!

So it's going to be clear and blue? I think light blue/clear acid wash or fade or something with blue stripes on top would be cool.

sandfreestyle
05-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Love the engraving. It gives it that one off look.

snoopay700
05-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Sadly i'm young enough to know this, but:

Pokemon? Are you serious?

Nick E
05-08-2008, 07:43 PM
hahaha snoopay's right.
Which one is that, the ice one?

questionful
05-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Now you've just got to find some paint with a half white, half red shell. :rolleyes:

sandfreestyle
05-08-2008, 08:13 PM
hahaha snoopay's right.
Which one is that, the ice one?
Sad that I know the answer to this:

Articuno - Ice

Moltres - Fire

Zapdos - Lightning

ElPanda
05-08-2008, 08:44 PM
lol articuno, pathetic that I knew that as soon as I saw it

pmstc
05-08-2008, 09:34 PM
i thought that looked familiar

Ruler_Mark
05-08-2008, 10:10 PM
what body rail you going to use?

pk5
05-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Body: Phoenix
Rail: Phoenix

I am gonna finish paying for that tomorrow :), and all of the part should be arriving soon.

Feedneck: NDZ proclamp feedneck (silver right now), may just get the silver remove and polished.

As for the striping, i am thinking of actually get stripe ano but along the ridge of the phoenix body.

valve: Still looking and saving it. More likely i am gonna get a retro valve with level 10 ( around 130 ish?) and send it out to get polish or polish on my own if i get a dremel in time.

Oooo front grip = tuna battery pack - need to get the ano off, unless anyone want to trade a raw with me?, which gonna have ano along the ridge of that battery pack, and i am gonna use that as both the foregrip and the housing the lpr for the pneumatic option later.

Trigger: Ruler Mark, any news on your raw tuna trigger arriving?

On/off and tank is still undecided, any thought?

chafnerjr
05-09-2008, 08:24 AM
I am jealous about the Phoenix body and rail. Here's where my project is. I'm running a 70/45 crossfire peanut with a CP direct mount w/ on/off... now I just have to decide on a body and grip.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_228f394901de4561b807aa60d4bc1fce/adobe-px-assets/1ba9bf521e6a4f2d9ce0d56042d75015

Nice to see that airwalks off to a good start!!! :cheers:

Here's a question about polishing... do you have it clear coated after?

Empyreal Rogue
05-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Sadly i'm young enough to know this, but:

Pokemon? Are you serious?

I think the big difference here is, we're old enough for us to remember it. At least I am. When Pokemon first came out it was "acceptable" for certain ages to be into it. Then as time went on the age limit dropped more and more, but for that first pokemon generation I think part of our heart will always be into it.

Personally I would have used Moltres with a Phoenix body, since he's the fire bird. But Articuno is still very cool. :)

pk5
05-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I am jealous about the Phoenix body and rail. Here's where my project is. I'm running a 70/45 crossfire peanut with a CP direct mount w/ on/off... now I just have to decide on a body and grip.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_228f394901de4561b807aa60d4bc1fce/adobe-px-assets/1ba9bf521e6a4f2d9ce0d56042d75015

Nice to see that airwalks off to a good start!!! :cheers:

Here's a question about polishing... do you have it clear coated after?

I asked xmagterror about adding a clear coat if you get something polished and what he said is that, the clear coat will dull the polished and the shine will not be there anymore. So i am still undecided on that part until i can talk to an anodizer about the job.

Originally i want to do some lightning but that doesn't seem to go too well with the articuno theme.

And i didn't do moltres just because someone else already have a phoenix emag, and no point doing the same theme.

sandfreestyle
05-09-2008, 11:15 AM
I asked xmagterror about adding a clear coat if you get something polished and what he said is that, the clear coat will dull the polished and the shine will not be there anymore. So i am still undecided on that part until i can talk to an anodizer about the job.
Well you could try to have it chromed. That would have a better shine than a clear coat would.

Phaelynar
05-09-2008, 01:00 PM
http://www.pantherkut.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/my_pokemons.jpg

I think that sums it up. Pokemon? Lawl. :rofl: :rofl:

ravenlord
05-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Hey I still play my pokemon games. (red and blue of course, none of these fancy coloured ones) The grips are just epicly awesome. I don't care what anyone says.

Empyreal Rogue
05-09-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally i want to do some lightning but that doesn't seem to go too well with the articuno theme.

And i didn't do moltres just because someone else already have a phoenix emag, and no point doing the same theme.

You could still do a lightning theme, just choose a blue base with both white and light blue lightning bolts. It'll still look like lightning of course but it'll be ice themed. Like bolts of ice lightning. Be kind of cool.