PDA

View Full Version : AGD / Sheridan "Tournament Special?"

Rossco
05-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Gentlemen,

Some years back I purchased a Sheridan "Tournament Special" from a private party and it appears to be basically a chrome-plated Piranha LB. Sent it to Palmers for a bottom-line UMB, delrin pump, etc. Almost immediately thought--"Wait a minute--what have I done?"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gabbiko

The etching is far too faint and shallow to show in these digipics, but part of the mystery may be solved--I found the words "Airgun Designs" etched comparatively clearly on the left upper tube in slanting allcaps, just forward of the feed nipple.

I haven't heard of these since. Was it just a publicity piece? Was it done for AGD for an outside shop? It sure looked legit--standard Speed Demon bolt, blue/black anno on the pump handle, laser markings on the chrome plating and everything.

Anybody remember these or is still familiar with with these? Inquiring geezers want to know!

questionful
05-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Try to take a picture without flash? My best guess is it was owned by an AGD fanboy. :rolleyes:

Rossco
05-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Think I got an answer.

Apparently AGD made some "Turbo" valves that Sheridan used in a special "Tournament Special" edition--one of the M.CarterBrown folks even found an old advertisement for it!