PDA

View Full Version : How many X-Mags were made?

Dewok82
05-09-2008, 08:26 PM
The title says it all. I'm curious as to how many X-Mags were manufactured. Does anyone have a solid idea of how many were made?

If anyone could further break it down based on the production varieties (euro, non-CNC, and CNC), that would be great.

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

VTLO910
05-09-2008, 09:29 PM
http://www.xmagworld.com/

Dewok82
05-09-2008, 09:59 PM
http://www.xmagworld.com/

Yeah, I've been there. While it is a nice site, I was unable to find any sort of concrete production numbers. I don't believe that summing the documented X-Mags on the "We are the Lucky Ones" page or attempting an estimate from valve serial numbers would produce a sufficiently accurate count.

VTLO910
05-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I've been there. While it is a nice site, I was unable to find any sort of concrete production numbers. I don't believe that summing the documented X-Mags on the "We are the Lucky Ones" page or attempting an estimate from valve serial numbers would produce a sufficiently accurate count.

lol... I agree, but still a cool site... TOM might know or have access to the info at least... Maybe he will chime in...

I'll call for him...! :D

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/kcfmc/misc/Moustachesignal.jpg

punkncat
05-10-2008, 09:41 AM
The title says it all. I'm curious as to how many X-Mags were manufactured. Does anyone have a solid idea of how many were made?

If anyone could further break it down based on the production varieties (euro, non-CNC, and CNC), that would be great.

Day be fithteen ud em.....yayuh.....

And Tach owns them all.

/end worthless post

AO Moderation Team
05-10-2008, 10:05 AM
No smilie? If it was so worhtless why did you even post?

Bolter
05-10-2008, 11:03 AM

There are also the upgraded ones (only a single body with two breaches). For example my old e-mag, was upgraded to an X mag, and so had the "hump" in the grip frame instead of the straight grip.

And also there are the prototype pre-production ones ;) two of which I know don't even have serial numbers on the valves, and one has 0001 milled into the xmag body. They shoot extremely well.

I can try and find out some figures for you. Not promising anything though!

Ninjeff
05-10-2008, 01:03 PM
lol... I agree, but still a cool site... TOM might know or have access to the info at least... Maybe he will chime in...

I'll call for him...! :D

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/kcfmc/misc/Moustachesignal.jpg

That picture is awesome. :cheers:

ThePixelGuru
05-10-2008, 01:15 PM
There are also the upgraded ones (only a single body with two breaches). For example my old e-mag, was upgraded to an X mag, and so had the "hump" in the grip frame instead of the straight grip.
I don't think the "upgraded" EMags count - as far as I know, there was never a kit for that from AGD. What you have probably started as an XMag, got parted out, and the uppers ended up on your EMag lowers. If you count that upgraded EMag as an XMag, that means the XMag counts twice: once for when it was made and once for when it was parted out. I'm pretty sure for the purpose of this count he's talking whole XMags only.

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken serial numbers should provide a relatively accurate count. Find the highest serial number that you can, and assume they made a few more than that.

Dewok82
05-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't think the "upgraded" EMags count - as far as I know, there was never a kit for that from AGD. What you have probably started as an XMag, got parted out, and the uppers ended up on your EMag lowers. If you count that upgraded EMag as an XMag, that means the XMag counts twice: once for when it was made and once for when it was parted out. I'm pretty sure for the purpose of this count he's talking whole XMags only.

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken serial numbers should provide a relatively accurate count. Find the highest serial number that you can, and assume they made a few more than that.

Well, the serial numbers are on the valves. If they all had "X-Mag" valves with the XT serial numbers it would be easy, but the first X-Mags had E-Mag valves with the EM serial numbers, then there were the XT valves, and then they started getting regular "X" valves with the VV serial numbers.

Based on the list at X-Mag World, it appears that there were maybe 400 made with the XT valves (XT0000 to ~XT00400).

The range on the VV valves listed is 2000 or so (~VV03000 to ~VV05000) and the E-Mag valves go from EM00139 to EM01840. I'm not so sure all the valve serial numbers in those ranges went to X-Mags.

Bolter
05-10-2008, 02:45 PM

Well I bought a brand new Emag when they came out from AGDEurope, who just happen to run the team I play for. We played for a while and then the option of having the xmag upgrade kit was made available, brand new from AGDEurope. All parts were brand new to me, and made my xmag pretty unique. Had the ACE installed at the same time.

Well, the serial numbers are on the valves. If they all had "X-Mag" valves with the XT serial numbers it would be easy, but the first X-Mags had E-Mag valves with the EM serial numbers, then there were the XT valves, and then they started getting regular "X" valves with the VV serial numbers.

Based on the list at X-Mag World, it appears that there were maybe 400 made with the XT valves (XT0000 to ~XT00400).

The range on the VV valves listed is 2000 or so (~VV03000 to ~VV05000) and the E-Mag valves go from EM00139 to EM01840. I'm not so sure all the valve serial numbers in those ranges went to X-Mags.

Spot on! :clap: