PDA

View Full Version : tac-1 valve crooked?

AT&T
05-09-2008, 09:30 PM
I had my new tac out for the first time last weekend, was very excited, anything agd is rare in my area of MN. Everything was working at home, it would really rip while I was dry firing. But as soon as I got to the field and had somebody shooting at me it quit working. I had pressure against the trigger but nothing happened. through trial and error I gound that if I pulled up on the back of the x-valve the marker would fire. I ended upi wedging a rubberband between the bottom of the valve and the rail so that i didn't have to hold it with my hand. After that it really ripped. I think about 17 bps with a slightly modded CF 420 reg. When I took it apart to clean it I noticed some wear on the inside top of the body, where the bolt travels, more than any other location. I've done a lot of reading here and don't remember any mention of any such thing. Any advice eould be great, I don't think I should have to use a rubber band to get my marker to work.

flyingpootang
05-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Sounds like you over tightened the trigger frame screw and warped the body. Loosening the valve screw will allow it to fire.

BigTrucker
05-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Sounds like you over tightened the trigger frame screw and warped the body. Loosening the valve screw will allow it to fire.
I agree :headbang:

AT&T
05-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Ok that makes sense I guess! I was so worried about the field strip screw cause that seems to be a common problem that I never thought of the other one. It'll take me a couple of days to get air and check it out, but thanks guys!!