PDA

View Full Version : My new mag. First time owner.

Braxo
05-10-2008, 01:42 AM
Purpose of this thread is to show off my new mag and also show what a new mag comes with when ordered new from AGD. Also, I have a few questions.

I ordered a Custom RT ULE from their site about 2 weeks ago, just when they ran out of the RT pro rails, so I had to wait for new ones before they built mine. But it shipped two days ago (5/7/08) and arrived at my door today (5/9/08). I am in NY. I've played paintball starting in 1998 when I purchased a Tipp '98. I've used that up to 2003ish when I stopped playing. I've decided this summer to pick it back up, and when shopping for my dream marker (in '98 which was the Automag RT). I was sad to find out I couldn't buy it new, I really liked the black with chrome accents of the sights, etc... Nevertheless, I ordered the RT ULE in all black.

I ordered a black CF body, black intelliframe with blade double trigger, ult kit, x-valve with the level-10. In total, I believe it came to $480 shipped.

Here's what comes in the box:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/thomson6/IMG00086.jpg
I ordered the marker without a barrel, as I wanted to buy one that I thought would be nice. (I went with the Deadlywind Fibur 14" barrel with freak inserts. But the marker came in the box, with a bit of oil, allen wrench, shims for I guess the ULT kit and springs for the bolt. One spring is red and the other silver, what do they mean and what are they used for?

----

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/thomson6/IMG00083.jpg
After reading a few threads here, and doing general research about how paintball has changed in the past couple years. I went and purchased a 68/4500 Nitroduck tank with an iReg ($175), along with the Nitroduck piston set ($25) so I can swap out the 800psi output for the 1000psi. I chose the nitroduck from reading zakvetter.com site. Also notice the 14" Deadlywind fibur barrel, which is a very very light in weight barrel.

----

Here is the marker with the Deadlywind barrel ($90 + $12 per freak insert, shipped):
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/thomson6/IMG00085.jpg

----

Now some questions I have. I have yet to purchase a hopper, but I am looking at the evolution III with z-board. How does it stay secured on the marker? Just jam it down on the hopper holder and hope for the best? Can I twist the hopper holder off and switch it for one with a clamp?

Also, when the tank is screwed into the marker's stock ASA, I feel I need a bit of a drop forward. Do you know of any small drop forwards, also I would like a on/off on the asa so I will be purchasing one of those. But when I fill the tank tomorrow, without and on/off asa, I just twist it on similar to a CO2 tank on my old Tipp? Here's a pic:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/thomson6/IMG00089-1.jpg

Then, I've read that you should oil the marker before and clean and oil after every day you play. Where do you place the drops of oil? Directly on the pin of the asa and around the threading? I've read to do that, then fire the marker a few times w/o the barrel on to lube the insides of the marker.
Pic of where I think to place the oil:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/thomson6/IMG00087.jpg

When I take the marker apart to clean the insides, do I need to apply oil/grease? Which kind do you prefer?

When I choose to change the Nitroduck iReg to 1000psi, will the ULT trigger allow me to rapid fire? And do I need different hose on the marker for the increased pressure?

Thanks for the time, and I'll add to this thread as I learn new stuff, hoping first time mag owners can learn a thing or two as I learn.

-Braxo

mag79
05-10-2008, 02:01 AM
looks good man, enjoy

varq
05-10-2008, 06:30 AM
I personally dont like the evolution 3... its soo loud... sounds like robocop. I sold mine...... I love the Halo! Also you can buy a clamping feedneck ... im not sure what threads it uses

You can get all kinds of dropforwards from any online paintball store.. and yes.. the tank operates the same way it did on your tipmann.

As far as the oil you simply put 3 or 4 drops directly into the hole in the ASA so it can circulate into the gun.

You also asked about the red & silver spring.. thats for the level 10 bolt to adjust its striking strength... you can learn how to tune it by searching on this forum. (look in tech section)

Love the barrel kit you selected.. I just bought the same one yesterday!

When you change the nitroduck to 1000psi you will NOT need to change the hose on the gun.. Your all set... and yes you should be able to rapid fire by either walking the trigger or holding the trigger in the sweetspot for full auto... you just need to make sure you have the right amount of shims in the ULT.... too many and it will get stuck on full auto or chuff... I have 4 in mine but for some reason every gun is different..

Good luck and enjoy! I have had mine for over a year and absolutly love it! :cheers:

going_home
05-10-2008, 06:42 AM
You dont do paintball halfway do you.
Way to start out with the best.
I'd say most start out with a used classic off of Ebay or the forums.
Many eventually get to an RT Pro type mag.

;)

kevdupuis
05-10-2008, 07:01 AM
First thing, welcome to AO.
Springs first, they're different tension bolt springs, they along with the oring carriers and shims are for tuning the lvl10 anti chop bolt in your marker. If you remove the springs and foam from the box you should find a mini cd that will give you tuning instructions.
Remember the lvl10 needs to break in, so after you go through a tank or two of air you may need to change to a smaller carrier. Read the instructions on the cd.
To lube just put a few drops in the asa, screw in the tank and cycle the marker 10-15 times without the barrel on and your good to go.
Now go enjoy. :D

skyseb
05-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Nice choice, looks good.

If you want a clamping feedneck it is angel threaded. If you don't you may have to do a little sanding on your hopper. I've had no problem with the stock feedneck but its up to you. There is no reason to take it apart unless you break paint, just put a few drops of oil down the asa and you good to go.

Otherwise enjoy it, have fun.

trevorjk
05-10-2008, 10:24 AM
as for sweet spotting the mag. with the ULT you are better off just putting an extra shim or 2 or 3 into the ULT and just sweet spot that. as the increased pressure wont have quite the affect on the ULT as a stock on/off would.

as for a drop ect. first thing you need to find out is, how far forward do you want the tank?and inch? 3 inches?

if you only want it moved forward an inch or so i would highly suggest a direct mount ASA where the threads wont sit out past the trigger frame. might be all you need.

otherwise with drops. one thing to look out for is that you want a drop that will move the tank forward and down enough to where you can actually hook up the tank. ive had drops n the past where i could no longer screw the tank in. so just a heads up

SithSteve
05-10-2008, 11:03 AM
That's one heck of a "starter" rig! I'm the same way though... If I'm gonna do something, I wanna do it right the first time!!!

I would suggest the following though:

1. New feedneck... I recommend finding a nice low-rise clamping feedneck (ex: Redz, A+,RPG)

2. Drop Forward... CP makes a great product and they come is several sizes that'll fit your shooting style.

3. On/Off... Again, CP ones are awesome. There tons to choose from, but whatever brand you go with, make sure it has a self-bleed (de-gas) function.

These are just some ideas that I hope with only enhance your Mag experience. In the end, It's all about what YOU are comfortable and happy with.

Welcome to the frey!!! :shooting:

Spencer
05-10-2008, 10:51 PM
hey man looking into this exact same setup.. Anyway you can tell me how much it weighs?

Braxo
05-11-2008, 12:21 PM
hey man looking into this exact same setup.. Anyway you can tell me how much it weighs?

I couldn't find my letter scale, so I put it on a bathroom scale and it wouldn't register. By just lifting it up, I am guessing the marker alone is 2 pounds +/- a little and the barrel I have is very light. Air tank is definitely the heaviest.

Spencer
05-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I couldn't find my letter scale, so I put it on a bathroom scale and it wouldn't register. By just lifting it up, I am guessing the marker alone is 2 pounds +/- a little and the barrel I have is very light. Air tank is definitely the heaviest.

Thanks man, I know it sounds stupid but I really want a weight for this thing, so if you could posibly find that scale I would be very appreciative..

Braxo
05-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks man, I know it sounds stupid but I really want a weight for this thing, so if you could posibly find that scale I would be very appreciative..

I was able to weigh it on a digital mail scale. It weighs 2lbs 2.1oz.

That is my marker, completely stock with no barrel and no air tank.

This sunday I hope to take it out for a spin.

Geronimo7
05-13-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the shrink wrapped hose and the black fittings. Were those installed by AGD or did you order them seperate?

Braxo
05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the shrink wrapped hose and the black fittings. Were those installed by AGD or did you order them seperate?

Both were installed by AGD. I went to the website to look at the picture they supply (at AGD Store - RT ULE (http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=368&categoryID=79) ) and the marker also shows the same hose, etc..