PDA

View Full Version : My EBay winning!!

druid
05-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Well, I sat on this for 2 days and won it at $28.30, insured and shipped to my door USPS Priority Mail!

I'll be sure to get tons of pics when it gets here, as I have to send out a MO to CT.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=tab%3DWatching (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290227870383&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching)

It's a Scottish Dirk. The Dirk is a secondary fighting blade to the Greatsword (what's now called a Claymore), held in the same (left) hand as the Targe (round shield) as the right hand uses a main sword, axe or other major weapon.

Obviously it's a repro, having a "cast" handle and all but still...it's better than the one I made myself out of 1/4" x 2" Tool grade steel.

The stone 'looks' like Garnet...which happens to be my Birthstone ...

Here are pics in case you can't see it....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Dirk1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Dirk.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Dirk2.jpg

Whatchya think for under $30?

mwahahahahaha!!

gimp
05-11-2008, 07:58 AM
You can get drunk, stab someone and eat two Hershey kisses for under 30 bucks. Sounds like a good deal to me.

druid
05-11-2008, 06:11 PM
You can get drunk, stab someone and eat two Hershey kisses for under 30 bucks. Sounds like a good deal to me.

LOL...thanks. Although, the description didn't say anything about getting a bottle of booze or candies, it would be cool though :spit_take

Hexis
05-11-2008, 06:49 PM

But can he do it in a kilt?

neppo1345
05-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Is that a letter opener?

druid
05-11-2008, 09:15 PM
But can he do it in a kilt?

Yes he can. 2 actually...one MARPAT and one Black Watch. In a few months, my own family Clan's :D

Is that a letter opener?

yeah sure....If you were 18 feet tall and had envelopes the size of Leaf and Lawn bags ....
:tard:

JesseB
05-13-2008, 12:58 PM
What do i think? Poor quality souvenir dagger. Don't swing it at anything or you will break it.
Grats...

Cold Steel's version of the dirk is better looking imo and since it's cold steel it's made to actually use so you know its quality...

Wear your new toy with your kilt and bracers while you play paintball I'm sure someone will pat you on the back for being different and expressing your individuality.

Nick E
05-13-2008, 01:31 PM
The sarcasm just blew my mind. :tard:

druid
05-13-2008, 09:18 PM
What do i think? Poor quality souvenir dagger. Don't swing it at anything or you will break it.
Grats...

Cold Steel's version of the dirk is better looking imo and since it's cold steel it's made to actually use so you know its quality...

Wear your new toy with your kilt and bracers while you play paintball I'm sure someone will pat you on the back for being different and expressing your individuality.

Well, considering that it's highly unlikely that I'll be running down Broad Street yelling "FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!" while swinging it...it'll do just fine thanks.

Cold Steel's products are excellent, as I have owned a few in my day. However, their Dirk is actually made in India...and even though it's CS, India isn't exactly known for their "quality steel blades" for export. I don't particularly like the way theirs looks either.

And this is actually more for when I perform with my Pipes...or attend Clan gatherings...or something along those lines - not wear it playing paintball like the braces and greaves. They actually have a purpose. [/tolerance towards immaturity]

JesseB
05-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Well, considering that it's highly unlikely that I'll be running down Broad Street yelling "FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!" while swinging it...it'll do just fine thanks.

Cold Steel's products are excellent, as I have owned a few in my day. However, their Dirk is actually made in India...and even though it's CS, India isn't exactly known for their "quality steel blades" for export. I don't particularly like the way theirs looks either.

And this is actually more for when I perform with my Pipes...or attend Clan gatherings...or something along those lines - not wear it playing paintball like the braces and greaves. They actually have a purpose. [/tolerance towards immaturity]

Clan Gatherings? are you serious? lol

what purpose to the bracers serve in paintball? chafe your wrists? greaves? to protect your shins because you are in a skirt? lol

Are you good at the pipes at least? Bag pipes are pretty cool... I don't know about the rest of that stuff you just said though... Sounds strange... but if that's what you are into man go for it.

Hexis
05-15-2008, 09:33 AM
If it's not scottish it's craaaaap! (http://www.jibjab.com/view/175417)

druid
05-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Clan Gatherings? are you serious? lol

what purpose to the bracers serve in paintball? chafe your wrists? greaves? to protect your shins because you are in a skirt? lol

Are you good at the pipes at least? Bag pipes are pretty cool... I don't know about the rest of that stuff you just said though... Sounds strange... but if that's what you are into man go for it.

you know...before you criticize something, perhaps you should learn about it first. I really have no tolerance for Nation-type attitudes or responses.

Since I only play woodsball/scenario anymore, the Braces and Greaves protect both clothes and limbs from thorns, rocks, roots and everything else that other players wear full-length arm and knee/shin pads for. Just because I happen to have a sense of pride in my culture - and the skills to create something more-or-less original - don't crack smack on someone for it because their skills are vastly superior to your own.

Perhaps if you knew that my Clan is traced back to before 1300 Scotland, you might not be so quick to judge. May be if I explained previously that I've been playing the Pipes since ~1984....quite probably since before you were even born...and competed, won and eventually retired as a Grade II EUSPBA member while your parents will still changing your diapers..., you wouldn't have to ask.That way you'd already know that I get paid $150/hour for a performance like a wedding or funeral.

Beemer
05-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Ok Jesse you were warned and banned before, were you not?

Guess you do not understand. DONT post in this thread again. If you just want to start trouble please go somewhere else. If not I will perm ban you.

maxama10
05-24-2008, 09:28 PM
you know...before you criticize something, perhaps you should learn about it first. I really have no tolerance for Nation-type attitudes or responses.

Since I only play woodsball/scenario anymore, the Braces and Greaves protect both clothes and limbs from thorns, rocks, roots and everything else that other players wear full-length arm and knee/shin pads for. Just because I happen to have a sense of pride in my culture - and the skills to create something more-or-less original - don't crack smack on someone for it because their skills are vastly superior to your own.

Perhaps if you knew that my Clan is traced back to before 1300 Scotland, you might not be so quick to judge. May be if I explained previously that I've been playing the Pipes since ~1984....quite probably since before you were even born...and competed, won and eventually retired as a Grade II EUSPBA member while your parents will still changing your diapers..., you wouldn't have to ask.That way you'd already know that I get paid $150/hour for a performance like a wedding or funeral.

Personally, I think it's really great that you can trace your heritage back so far.

and Jesse B... :nono:

-Max