PDA

View Full Version : The Price.....

Snap32
05-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Just a little info. Ill let you guys ponder. It takes 7.5 cents to make a nickel. Go figure.

Ninjeff
05-11-2008, 06:36 PM
what? really? :tard:

Snap32
05-11-2008, 06:41 PM
what? really? :tard:

Ya really, the goverment is just now starting to realizing it is one of the reasons why the power of the dollar is decreasing, so they are starting to go to a cheaper kind of metal : Steel. Lol it seems to me, someone had a "Special Interest" if you know what i mean.

paintball72
05-11-2008, 06:54 PM
it also costs aproximatly 1.6 cents to make a penny but i hadnt heard that nickle fact. interesting

punkncat
05-11-2008, 06:58 PM
it also costs aproximatly 1.6 cents to make a penny but i hadnt heard that nickle fact. interesting

I think that is based on an all copper penny, which hasn't been used in several years. The inside of one is Zinc now. Perhaps with metals where they are the zinc is that high as well?

sandfreestyle
05-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Unbelievable

warpig13
05-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Ya really, the goverment is just now starting to realizing it is one of the reasons why the power of the dollar is decreasing, so they are starting to go to a cheaper kind of metal : Steel. Lol it seems to me, someone had a "Special Interest" if you know what i mean.

No, they realized this in World War II.

neppo1345
05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
I think that is based on an all copper penny, which hasn't been used in several years. The inside of one is Zinc now. Perhaps with metals where they are the zinc is that high as well?

Nope...they said thats WITH the zinc nuget center.

behemoth
05-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Thats why we should do away with money.

And use dirt as currency.

ANARCHY!

Phaelynar
05-11-2008, 11:31 PM

ANARCHY!

Damn, I'll be a bajillionaire here in Arizona then :cheers:

ThePixelGuru
05-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Yeah, last I knew pennies cost more than 1¢ to make, and nickels were the only coin worth the same both representatively and materially. With the falling dollar, though, it doesn't surprise me that nickels now cost more than 5¢ to make.

Welcome to yet another way the government wastes your money. My other question about currency is why the hell they keep making new $5, $10 and $20 every couple of years. Just pick a damn bill design and stick to it!

punkncat
05-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Just pick a damn bill design and stick to it!

Counterfeiters everywhere applaud you....lol.

Altimas
05-12-2008, 10:21 AM

ANARCHY!

Water World amirite?

sandfreestyle
05-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Water World amirite?
I just want one more sip of hydro.

wetwrks
05-12-2008, 12:15 PM

The problem with this is that within about a week of releasing each new design they have found new counterfeits on the market. Changing the design has done nothing but cost us money. :rolleyes:

ThePixelGuru
05-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Hah, not quite - no matter how many new bills they make, counterfeiters can still copy old bills because the old ones are still accepted everywhere. It's not like they're even incorporating new security measures into each new bill, they just come out with a new one that has the same watermark, security strip and shiny ink, just in slightly different places. If they can counterfeit one of them, they can counterfeit all the new ones just by setting up their machines a little differently. ...except they still don't copy the new ones, because old bills are easier.

Snap32
05-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Well in order to counterfit $$ it take a lot of money to do it, and the machines used have to be ancient since you can not find one that has been used to print US currency since the 20's. So the people who counterfit $$ normally dont use the $ here. They use it in other countries like Domincan Republic where there is really no method to check ( ive been there) then they buy all sorts of goods with the fake loot and transport it here to sell it, making 100% profit. But it is actually really not 100% profit b/c of the cost to produce the fake bills and transporting fees ect... But from what i was told by a local in Domincan was, the counterfiters buy cigars because of the overhead/profit ratio is much higher and not to mention they then sell them to tourist at resorts for real american $$$.

SCpoloRicker
05-12-2008, 06:15 PM

ANARCHY!

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!1

ThePixelGuru
05-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Well in order to counterfit $$ it take a lot of money to do it, and the machines used have to be ancient since you can not find one that has been used to print US currency since the 20's. So the people who counterfit $$ normally dont use the $ here. They use it in other countries like Domincan Republic where there is really no method to check ( ive been there) then they buy all sorts of goods with the fake loot and transport it here to sell it, making 100% profit. But it is actually really not 100% profit b/c of the cost to produce the fake bills and transporting fees ect... But from what i was told by a local in Domincan was, the counterfiters buy cigars because of the overhead/profit ratio is much higher and not to mention they then sell them to tourist at resorts for real american $$$.
Watch some TV specials, you don't even need special equipment to do it. Kinko's or Copycat will suffice if no one's looking, and you can actually buy passable scanner/printers for a couple hundred bucks. Copy the bills, mist, crinkle and lay them out for that weathered look, and give them to people to spend on whatever they want so long as they return at least half the money, and you've got free cash. It's frighteningly easy, and no matter how many types of new bills we make they can still do it as long as the old bills are accepted.

domeplz
05-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Watch some TV specials, you don't even need special equipment to do it. Kinko's or Copycat will suffice if no one's looking, and you can actually buy passable scanner/printers for a couple hundred bucks. Copy the bills, mist, crinkle and lay them out for that weathered look, and give them to people to spend on whatever they want so long as they return at least half the money, and you've got free cash. It's frighteningly easy, and no matter how many types of new bills we make they can still do it as long as the old bills are accepted.
pics or shens!!

Snap32
05-12-2008, 10:18 PM

Well in that case..... Who wants to start making some fake loot??? LOL..

FreakBaller12
05-12-2008, 10:44 PM
the FBI just subscribed to this thread

ThePixelGuru
05-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Hah. I'm not telling you anything you can't learn on 20/20.

Seriously, though, the news tells you how to counterfeit and steal people's identities, National Geographic pretty much tells you how to cook crystal meth, Discovery tells you the weaknesses of US military vehicles and armaments, and you can learn how to make pipe bombs on all three. It sure is interesting, but why the hell are they telling everyone how to do this stuff?

lawl, gtg guys, party van's here. :rofl: