PDA

View Full Version : Tac One valve leaking

Rebel_trooper
05-11-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm new to mags so I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on this...

I have a regular valve in my Tac One that's leaking air, I've already checked the o-rings and gave it some oil but it's still leaking. There are two small holes at the bottom of the valve right under the velocity screw that the air is leaking out of. Every once in awhile it will stop leaking, but when I fire the gun it starts leaking air again, most of the time it just leaks though. Since I've be very busy with work I haven't had a lot of time to taking the whole valve apart and inspecting it throughly, though from what I saw when I replaced the o-rings everything looks fine. I did take the velocity screw out and peaked inside and everything looks good, but then again I'm new to mags and don't really know what to look for.

Thanks in advance!

flyingpootang
05-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Replace the piston o-ring and lube it before you reinstall it.

athomas
05-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Yep, leaks out those holes usually indicate a bad regulator piston oring problem. Quite often its just dirt and can be fixed with a good cleaning.

questionful
05-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Clean the piston and put grease on it. Centerflag uses white lithium grease, so I do too. Centerflag regs are also a brass piston with a urethane O-ring in a stainless steel body.

athomas
05-12-2008, 08:05 PM
The only thing that makes contact is the oring. Grease has a tendency to gum up due its ability to hold dirt and needs to be serviced regularly to keep it clean. In a sealed environment, grease is fine, but in the back of the mag, there is the potential for dust to enter through the adjustment hole. It is recommended to use just use a light lubricant to keep the oring moist.

Rebel_trooper
05-13-2008, 05:19 PM
The o-ring looks a bit shoty, I'll replace it and hopefully that will fix it. Thanks for your help guys.

Rebel_trooper
05-16-2008, 09:46 PM
It was the piston o-ring, thanks for the help guys.

athomas
05-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Good to hear you got it working. :clap:

Thanks for posting back here indicating what the fix was. It helps others that may have your symptoms.