PDA

View Full Version : emag solenoid not returning

TnDeathInc
05-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Okay first off props to those who have torn down emag/xmags and got them back up after anno, i was not prepared for the time to tear it down or put it back together.

Everything works fine, even the annoned valve, both parts, however i can get the solenoid to return without putting pressure on the sear. I have searched the forum but found no consitency. It does have the correct pin, and the battery is fully charged, it works fine in mech mode, the hall and trigger magnet are adjusted properly.

Let me know where to start

Ruler_Mark
05-12-2008, 10:37 PM
was this the first reanno?

BlueDragonX
05-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Are you saying the solenoid does not properly release the sear or the solenoid does not fully pull the sear?

Make sure you didn't bend your solenoid plunger. That could cause it to rub on the side of the solenoid.

Might as well double check the length of the plunger while it's apart, though I'm going to assume that didn't change, correct?

Just in case, though, AGD specs say the trigger rod must be adjusted to 2.125" and the solenoid plunger adjusted to 3.008".

If it's an issue with the solenoid pulling the sear, make sure your battery is charged and your connections are solid. A short could also be causing the problem if it's an issue with the pull. My friend's EMag had a short on the power wire where it connects to the battery terminal. Sometimes the board would turn on, shoot once, and that would be it, but the board would remain on. Once that was fixed it worked fine.

TnDeathInc
05-13-2008, 05:50 AM
first reanno, the solenoid has to be pulled up before it will fire again.

flyingpootang
05-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Did you reinstall the noid hold down screw on the right side and the C-clip on the plunger?

BigEvil
05-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Okay first off props to those who have torn down emag/xmags and got them back up after anno, i was not prepared for the time to tear it down or put it back together.

Everything works fine, even the annoned valve, both parts, however i can get the solenoid to return without putting pressure on the sear. I have searched the forum but found no consitency. It does have the correct pin, and the battery is fully charged, it works fine in mech mode, the hall and trigger magnet are adjusted properly.

Let me know where to start

Make sure that the entire sear and noid plunger are straight and not bent. They should move freely without any binding.

Next, mess with the rear field strip screw. See if its too tight or too loose.

Report back your findings.

:cheers:

05-13-2008, 04:26 PM
are you trying it with air
the emag solenoid only pulls, the reset is from the on/off

seekandestroy78
05-14-2008, 10:43 AM
your battery might be cooked. thats what happened to me.