PDA

View Full Version : Quick A-5 question

lidocaine
05-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Hello all,

I am trying to get my A-5 backup gun working correctly.
The problem with it is, the trigger takes a second to reset after firing.
suggestions?

Thanks,Lidocaine

(I didnt know to put this in the tech or here, because tech says "troubleshooting mags" etc..)

thahouse
05-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Assuming that this is a mechanical A-5; there is a spring thats supposed to be in place that resets the trigger after each pull. Sounds like the spring is either missing or is malfunctioning.

lidocaine
05-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks ill have to check it out.
A pen spring works fine if the spring is indeed out of place, right?

thahouse
05-14-2008, 03:52 PM
If memory serves me right, A-5's have a trigger where a spring is extended when you pull the trigger, and the spring pulls back into its original shape when you let go of the trigger...so you may need a a'5 trigger spring. most local shops have them in their parts kits..and they are very cheap to buy.

lidocaine
05-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks

05-14-2008, 08:00 PM
check the silver tab on the back of the trigger
its spring loaded, so it should push in (towards the front of the trigger) easily, and the spring out when not under tension
if that gets gummed up it wont reset, and therefor wont tip the sear
the sear and trigger springs are both push springs
you might have problems if you switch to a pen spring for the sear, its just not strong enough

sffudapparel
05-15-2008, 08:45 PM
http://www.pbupload.com/data/573/trigger2.jpg

Like the person above me said. Check to make sure there's a spring in the silver piece there. That's your problem for sure IMO. Without the other spring, it wouldn't reset at all

lidocaine
05-16-2008, 06:31 AM
inside of the gun, or literally I can see it on the trigger?
Im in class right now :)

05-18-2008, 08:39 AM
in the pic, its the flat silver tab with the oval cut in it on the back of the trigger
that pice is folded around the back of the trigger, so you will need to dissassemble the trigger to get at it
behind that silver piece is a small spring that pushes the silver piece back so that it can trip the sear
if it get squeezed to tight on the trigger, or the spring is out of alignment, or there is gunk built up in there the silver tab wont push back as fast as it should and you wont be able to fire as the trigger wont engage the sear