PDA

View Full Version : Odd mag body ID needed

cougar20th
05-14-2008, 07:45 PM
A few month ago I got this body. Its a odd powerfeed type body. Ive been told it was a prototype. Does anyone have info on it. It is pumpmilled. The soldering looks perfect same as any other agd body ive had.

Any idea as to its value?

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/500/protomag1.JPG

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/500/protomag2.JPG

I know the guns not the prettiest. it was made from entirely spare parts. The rail and body are pump milled. The rail is a new old taso rail.

Nick E
05-14-2008, 07:51 PM
That actually doesn't look the same as most AGD welds. Almost looks like it was a direct feed that someone made into a ghetto powerfeed with epoxy.
I'm probably incorrect though.

questionful
05-14-2008, 07:57 PM
That's just wacky. Maybe AGD was just seeing if it could weld that onto existing bodies instead of having to replace them? They had a lot of people send mags in for the powerfeed upgrade.

cougar20th
05-14-2008, 08:00 PM
The work done is great. The fit of the inside of the tubes is perfect and matches exactly what the inside of my 3 highrise powerfeed bodies looks like..

05-14-2008, 08:03 PM
looks like 2 direct feed feednecks welded together
might of been done by AGD
neat either way

cougar20th
05-15-2008, 06:04 AM
I posted this a couple places. the answers that ive gotten are

Homemade
Agd experiment
early powerfeed
eurofeed, which it is not

jade_monkey07
05-15-2008, 06:04 AM
LOL thats Genius! you could have 2 Hoppers!! hahaha

cougar20th
05-15-2008, 08:13 AM
hmm that may be interesting for hopper ball games.

warbeak2099
05-15-2008, 09:47 AM
eurofeed, which it is not

I was gonna say, I know it's not a Eurofeed.

chairman_mao
05-15-2008, 09:55 AM
I don't know about the body but you have some kick arse carpet there cougar.

cougar20th
05-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Been waiting for someone to say something about the carpet. Its a apartment. I cant change it. Its as old as you think it is. And its in every room except the kitchen.

luke
05-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Interesting, I've never seen one done that way. :cool:

DevilMan
05-15-2008, 11:09 AM
To me it looks like an early prototype of the powerfeed. One thing about the direct feed stuff was that it is more susceptible to blow back. From what I understand.

So the powerfeed bodies help prevent that by having the bend where the balls can't jump back up into the feed neck. So to me it looks like a Direct Feed that they were wanting to cross over to the powerfeed but they had a direct feed body ready to go and just welded another direct feed tube into at the angle.

Then later they found how ugly it was and started cutting the longer holes into the body and feed neck and welding them on crossways to what is now the normal powerfeed way.

The right side feed had to be cut down to use the PF plug to shut off the feed of paint to the marker. I'm thinking the plug works though just barely as it looks like it's only extending a bit of the tip down into the feed to cut off the paint and so that would make it with a bit of room say about 1/4" or so on top of the ball so that when you fired and a ball fell into the breech it would then get another on top of it but on top of that ball you'd have a gap so when you rapid fired it'd make it more likely to chop as the ball was bounce up into the feed neck. To help cut down on that as well it got welded straight to the body to better reduce the chances.

THESE ARE JUST IDEAS!!!! Anyone who wishes to quote me feel free to, but I'll deny everything!!!

DM

steve_81
05-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Send the picture to AGD and have them identify it for you. I wouldn't mind knowing what it is either.

2BAD4U
05-16-2008, 10:43 PM
:tard:

acropilot19
05-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Interesting, I've never seen one done that way. :cool:

You mean the carpet or the feedtube?

I say try mounting two hoppers just for the hell of it.
We need to get some new / more smilies, there's just not one that quite fits here...

AGD
05-16-2008, 11:29 PM
It is an early prototype from 1990. That was one of several bodies we made up to test the power feed concept. We went into actual production with the power feed you see today.

Dennis Ashley used that type of feed for a couple years and his gun became known as the "Ugly Mag". That body very well could be from his old gun since no one except him could stand the looks.

AGD

TnDeathInc
05-16-2008, 11:30 PM
nice

secretweaponevan
05-17-2008, 04:41 AM
It is an early prototype from 1990. That was one of several bodies we made up to test the power feed concept. We went into actual production with the power feed you see today.

Dennis Ashley used that type of feed for a couple years and his gun became known as the "Ugly Mag". That body very well could be from his old gun since no one except him could stand the looks.

AGD

This is what I love about "old" paintball. There is a story behind every old gun, and if you know where to ask, you can find out its history, who owned it, and who did what to it.

Nice piece of history you have there cougar20th. :clap:

cougar20th
05-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Tom: Thanks for the info. That is very good to know.

I uess Im going to keep it. It might be ugly but it is uniquie which is why I bought it in the first place.

AGD
05-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Cougar,

It's easily the rarest body in existence. A unique piece of history for sure.

AGD

cougar20th
05-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Would the body have originally been beadblasted? some areas are polished now looks like someone started to polish is

the123
05-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Hey now thats not ugly!!!
I have one also. I even had two at one time. I dont think there were more than 10 made maybe? Very rare. I sent the other one to Muzikman. Mine looks just like that one. Does yours still have the foamie on the flat PF plug? Theory was blowback gas would bounce balls off of the foamie down through the breach.

cougar20th
05-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey now thats not ugly!!!
I have one also. I even had two at one time. I dont think there were more than 10 made maybe? Very rare. I sent the other one to Muzikman. Mine looks just like that one. Does yours still have the foamie on the flat PF plug? Theory was blowback gas would bounce balls off of the foamie down through the breach.

Yes mine stillhas the foamie on the flat plug. Its a rather interesting body.