PDA

View Full Version : Gold/Orange markers not allowed in tournaments

MANN
05-18-2008, 07:55 AM
WTF I was at a local brick and mortar signing up for a league, and looking for a matching asa for my MicroE "golden gun" when the owner informed me on this rule.

He stated that for our local tourney scene he was not going to enforce the rule. He did state that I would have a hard time finding an asa due to the fact that marker mfgs are not going to produce markers of these colors.

Anyone know if there is any truth to this, or is it just pbn rumors?

05-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Its true
although its not a heavily enforced rule
orange is generally a reserved color, they dont want ppl shooting guns, or wearing orange as it makes it hard to see a hit with orange paint

MANN
05-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Players are allowed to shoot any color other than pink and red tho. Why only say orange markers are not allowed. Why not yellow, green, etc?

Am I missing something?

05-18-2008, 08:18 AM
I think orange was a reserved color because its a common color for paint, and its a common color for refs to wear

I wouldnt sweat it,
Ive got a classic Intimidator thats got a tequila sunrise anno (orange to red fade) with matching hopper and barrel, and Ive never had anyone tell me I couldnt use it, even at the tourny I did in Iowa where the no orange rule was in effect (supposedly)

punkncat
05-18-2008, 08:20 AM
orange is a reserved color. At one point there was some talk that the league(s) were going to use only one type of paint with a bright orange fill. I think also that it was a color the refs were going to wear.....anyway it is not a color you can use.
What most tourneys will let you do it wrap the marker in electrical tape and play with it.

MANN
05-18-2008, 10:29 AM
I wouldnt sweat it,

I am not worried about it because of being able to play. I just want a gold annoed asa. Seeing that they have "banned" that color it will make it harder to find. Oh well. Thanks for the info. Guess I will have to contact someone to anno it.

05-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Any decent anno shop should be able to do that color for you

Whee McGee
05-18-2008, 02:00 PM
CP make ASAs that should match your gold pretty well (yours is the one on the Nation, correct?)
Doesn't hurt the fact that they make the best ASAs.

bryceeden
05-18-2008, 10:12 PM
WTF I was at a local brick and mortar signing up for a league, and looking for a matching asa for my MicroE "golden gun" when the owner informed me on this rule.

He stated that for our local tourney scene he was not going to enforce the rule. He did state that I would have a hard time finding an asa due to the fact that marker mfgs are not going to produce markers of these colors.

Anyone know if there is any truth to this, or is it just pbn rumors?

Its true, shoot thats been an NPPL rule for years.

pmstc
05-19-2008, 01:33 AM
If I were you I would just get a black ASA and make a black/gold color scheme.
I highly doubt you will find a gold ASA. Unless you get one annoed.

I have never heard of gold being a protected color, but it is a rare color for an ASA to be.

I've only heard of orange and pink being protected.

Chaos_Theory!
05-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Your not allowed to have over a certain % of orange on your setup. It is because orange is one of the most commonly used color of paint. Im pretty sure gold doesnt fall under that rule though as its really not the same at all. Itd be easy to tell you straight up but idk what your gun looks like.