PDA

View Full Version : tank frustrations

tipp-ed off
05-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Tried to play today at Camp pendleton paintball park, where i've been playing for like 8 years, and was denied. I go practically every week and never had this problem. I have 3 like new dye tanks with dynafolw regs on them that expire in a little less than 2 years. But their new park policy is 3 years on tanks. WTF...why do they even have 5 year hydro on tanks if it will only last 3 years. They offered to rent me one of their crappy tanks for another $10 but they have regular regulators on them and I don't have an ASA. What a waste of time and gas to get there and have to drive all the way back.
Anyways what is cheap, fast and reliable place to get 4 tanks hydro'd.

dstud2000
05-18-2008, 12:26 PM
that is strange I have never had that problem at any of the fields I go to here in MI :confused:

craltal
05-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Am I reading this right that they only accept tanks that have 3 years left on hydro? If that is the case I'd complain to their management and find out who their insurance carrier is and complain to them. As long as your tank is in hydro it should be accepted for use at their field.

tipp-ed off
05-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Am I reading this right that they only accept tanks that have 3 years left on hydro? If that is the case I'd complain to their management and find out who their insurance carrier is and complain to them. As long as your tank is in hydro it should be accepted for use at their field.

Yup, they said that they weren't going to argue about it with me It was writtin in their insurrance policy. And they gave me a refund for my walk-on ticket and all day air. The friggin idiot behind the counter was trying to tell me if you don't rehydro every 3 years your tank could explode. LOL! Prolly won't be going back anytime soon.

craltal
05-18-2008, 02:01 PM
so you're tanks are 5 year hydro tanks. Sounds like they need a clarification from their insurance company on 5 year hydro tanks as well as a few extra brain cells to share. I would have demanded to talk to the manager since it should state clearly on the tank that it's a 5 year hydro tank.

Ah, the joys of dealing with a combination of CYA and lack of information...

Whee McGee
05-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Pendleton has recently come under new ownership, so I'd assume this new rule is from them.
You shouldn't be surprised; many places don't allow tanks that are 3 years past the hyrdo date written on the tank, even those that are 5yr ( the possible exception to those are the tanks that specifically state that they are 5yr tanks, like the new Crossfire ones). The reason is, most places don't train employees, or have designated air guys, to memorize and recognize the DOT numbers which determine when the tank has to be rehydro'ed. SC, I'm assuming HSP, and now Pendleton, are a few places that don't train employees to know the difference. CCP doesn't determine at all (don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing :rolleyes: ), and Jungle Island have a designated air guy who knows and does his job (damn well, I might add).

Local shops might be able to reydro it for you at a decent price (and it's always good to support the local shops), and you could find a few places online.

Old School 626
05-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Whee,

Did Dennis/SC Village/Giant take over?

ThePixelGuru
05-18-2008, 02:45 PM
I'd just email them the info on 5-year tanks and tell them that you're not rehydroing 3 tanks just to play at their field, so they can either figure out how DOT regulations work or lose business to fields that do know.

But, y'know, wordier and more tactfully...

varq
05-23-2008, 06:21 AM
24hr turnaround.. pretty good!

http://www.hydrotester.com/

seekandestroy78
05-23-2008, 07:15 AM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2690129

if you need your regulators removed this guy is cheaper, im sending him 2 tanks today.