PDA

View Full Version : Pnuematic Hopper?

Ruler_Mark
05-18-2008, 11:03 PM
I may be nuts. But I am thinking of something.. since everyone here has pnue frames but to keep up they need thier battery powered hoppers....

Why not gut the eletronics replace the electric motor with an pnuematic motor, run it off of a separate line of air, off of a lpr of course. No on/off since if the motor stalls if the balls cant be pushed thats fine no air is being explled. Under constant force it would have instant reaction time, have a simple 3 way on the back of the hopper so you can turn it off and bleed it.

Too bad most minature air motors are for medical and cost hundreds.. If anyone knows of one thats ~20$ lmk I've got a halo with burned up board I can try this out on.

longi
05-19-2008, 12:05 AM
A clockwork hopper might be a better idea. Save on runnig hoses!

rawbutter
05-19-2008, 08:57 AM
I seem to remember that someone tried this before. Try searching for it. The old thread might give you some ideas.

Sounds cool, though.

mpsd
05-19-2008, 09:50 AM
That's a hell of a good idea! Would you really need the pneumatic motor? What if you just direct an air jet to a blade sticking under the feed wheel of the hopper? If you have the hopper wheel mounted with a roller bearing, it would be really easy for it to spin so the air could move it really fast. Should be easy to do and may came out pretty fast.

cadams
05-19-2008, 11:44 AM
thinking tippmann A-5 :p

there exits a tippy 98C adapter for that cyclone feeder. However, from what I've read, even the modded cyclones max out at ~20 BPS. Is that fast enough? But with some work I'm sure it could be adapted to a mag. Plus, I bet the LPR in the pneu frame could drive the cyclone as well.

Problem with pneumatics are they have trouble being delicate, which is a key factor in a motorized hopper. Breaking a ball in your breech is 1 thing; in the hopper! boy that would suck. I can see a 30+ BPS pneumatic hopper turning into a paintball blender.

BenoitOWN
05-19-2008, 11:56 AM
thinking tippmann A-5 :p

there exits a tippy 98C adapter for that cyclone feeder. However, from what I've read, even the modded cyclones max out at ~20 BPS. Is that fast enough? But with some work I'm sure it could be adapted to a mag. Plus, I bet the LPR in the pneu frame could drive the cyclone as well.

Problem with pneumatics are they have trouble being delicate, which is a key factor in a motorized hopper. Breaking a ball in your breech is 1 thing; in the hopper! boy that would suck. I can see a 30+ BPS pneumatic hopper turning into a paintball blender.

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215060&highlight=cyclone

JesseB
05-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Not exactly what you are talking about but Adrenalin used to make an air assisted feedneck that actually used vented gas from the Angel's Ram (was it ram or valve exhaust?) to force feed balls before the force fed hoppers.

Could be a good idea but mag's are already gas hogs.
I don't like the cyclone feed enough to wish someone would retrofit it onto a mag. But I think there could be room for incorporating cyclone and halo or warp technology to come up with something revolutionary. Hell if you got it down good enough you could package the hopper with an ASA and a LPR then you would have a marketable universal force fed hopper that required no batteries.

cadams
05-19-2008, 01:57 PM
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215060&highlight=cyclone
well there you go. as soon as someone finishes up that idea, then you have your pneumatic hopper. /thread

Dirge
05-19-2008, 02:27 PM
There is always something like this.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=HvLVEkbOcSbVEQ7_xyEVukwHFt8Q28d_HSc=?Cat egoryName=paintball-gun-loaders-and-accessories-loaders-turbo-loaders

JesseB
05-19-2008, 02:36 PM
well there you go. as soon as someone finishes up that idea, then you have your pneumatic hopper. /thread

There are more options than the cyclone feed though... /thread that.

azathoth what the heck is that thing? I've never seen one... anyone know how it works?

mostpeople
05-19-2008, 03:00 PM
why bother? The beauty of the pneumatic mag is that it has lvl 10, but a halo/empire has eyes/ears...

call me crazy but I want to use my air that I take out to shoot with, not to activate my hopper

Ruler_Mark
05-19-2008, 03:29 PM
cyclone feed is a different design its a ram off of a ratchet design.

Dirge
05-19-2008, 07:05 PM
There are more options than the cyclone feed though... /thread that.

azathoth what the heck is that thing? I've never seen one... anyone know how it works?

The only thing I know about it is that it works off exhaust gas from a blow-back. Might be a adaptable to a pneumag.......maybe.

JesseB
05-19-2008, 10:30 PM
why bother? The beauty of the pneumatic mag is that it has lvl 10, but a halo/empire has eyes/ears...

call me crazy but I want to use my air that I take out to shoot with, not to activate my hopper

good point
but if you used constant lighter pressure to like wind a spring or something....
you could get a qloader like effect... maybe... dunno... im gonna do some research....

paint magnet
05-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Not exactly what you are talking about but Adrenalin used to make an air assisted feedneck that actually used vented gas from the Angel's Ram (was it ram or valve exhaust?) to force feed balls before the force fed hoppers.

Could be a good idea but mag's are already gas hogs.
I don't like the cyclone feed enough to wish someone would retrofit it onto a mag. But I think there could be room for incorporating cyclone and halo or warp technology to come up with something revolutionary. Hell if you got it down good enough you could package the hopper with an ASA and a LPR then you would have a marketable universal force fed hopper that required no batteries.

With the Adrenalin Angels/Shockers I believe the air-assist was to keep the balls in the stack from blowing back into the hopper. You still had to have an agitated loader, otherwise there would be no balls in the feed tube for the air assist to push into the breech.