05-20-2008, 02:32 PM
a mold :)

Styg

BigEvil
05-20-2008, 02:37 PM
a mold :)

Styg

That's what I love about you Chris, your eloquence :D

You need to research a little. There are many different types of media and methods used for cast molding. www.Thomasmodels.com used to have some interesting tutorials on the matter but im not sure if they still do. You can also check our www.micromark.com for some modling material but I could not say for sure which would suit you.

luke
05-20-2008, 02:48 PM
I wanted to know what I need to mold a 45 grip

:)
First you need a completed set of panels. Then you will need supplies to make a mold of the parts you want to mold. Then you need the supplies to mold the part in question. You will need a "de-mold" spray, and what ever other miscellaneous materials you may need to make the mold for the molds. (Did you get all of that :D ) You can buy all of it here (http://www.smooth-on.com/products.htm), please don't ask me what materials you will need because that question is to broad. You will need to study up of the different materials and make your own decision based on what you are trying to achieve.

I did a mini tutorial years ago, but I doubt the pictures are around any more. (That was back when AGD hosted pictures here on the site.)

TeamJackal37
05-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks Guys

luke
05-21-2008, 08:21 AM
The link I gave you has a great deal of info, pretty much everything you need. The products have a good description of their usage, and there are tutorials available on their site. If you get stumped on something specific, ask and I may be able to help. All and all this is a huge amount of work, not really worth all the time, money and effort to do one set. You will have countless hours doing research and lots of time building and pouring your molds before you make your first set. Lots of trial and error just for a few pairs may not be worth it..

The rubber molds have a fairly short life span. I was so feed up with the whole deal after my molds were used up, that I never replace them. I pretty much had the process down but decided I didn't want to bother with them any more.