PDA

View Full Version : Arman's new Angel? I think so.

Arman/XPM
01-20-2002, 09:53 PM
Hello all,
Well, through some negotiation, I was finally able to get an Angel. Here is some background information on the Angel.
It is a custom Anodized angel, especially Ano'ed for Team Alliance. I must say, the gun looks absolutely amazing - and I am very happy to have gotten it - :D
The "Stick" trigger was custom made for one of the players, at a local Machine shop. The gun has a relatively low number of shots(somewhere under 20k.) If some more money comes my way, I might give it a ripper milling.

This is what I am getting -

- 2000 LCD
- OTP Barrel System(Anodized to match)
- PMI Perfect cradle
- Air America Melee 68/3000 tank
- Infinity barrel
- Kapp Volumizer
- Clear Intellifeed rail
- Custom Stick Trigger
- pro connect
- 2001 Titanium Battery w. On/Off
- Wall Charger

Pic!
The "Alliance" Sticker comes off. The guy could not take new pictures.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
01-20-2002, 09:56 PM
Hey Arman,

You know your letting me play with that sucker in speedball ;)
:D
If it goes through

Arman/XPM
01-20-2002, 09:57 PM
Coffey,
Finally, I got a deal that did not fall through! Sure thing, you can play with it, friend - :D
- Arman

gimp
01-20-2002, 10:14 PM
Are the price of angels going down now that the IR3s are coming out?

Arman/XPM
01-20-2002, 10:22 PM
gimp
Yes, the price of Angels have dropped dramatically - at least $200 - 300.
- Arman

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
01-20-2002, 10:23 PM
I heard like the only difference in the IR3's and other angels were basically cosmetic....

Arman/XPM
01-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Coffey,
There is alot more than that. Text messaging is only one of the new features.
- Arman

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
01-20-2002, 10:34 PM
I didn't have time to read the thing. That was the "word" at DFW today.

FeelTheRT
01-20-2002, 11:13 PM
was it just a straight out trade? cuz i'm getting an Angel somtime in the near future.

X-Plosive
01-20-2002, 11:15 PM
it looks nice and pruple. You're getting a nice deal if it was a straight up trade.

Arman/XPM
01-21-2002, 12:08 AM
Lets just say, I got a good deal.:D :D

MagMan5446
01-21-2002, 12:13 AM
Get it annoed red or something man.

Minimag4me
01-21-2002, 12:29 AM
nice deal,

i like the blade trigger, purple isnt my thing though.

BlackVCG
01-21-2002, 12:49 AM
So what's the estimated life of this gun being in your possession? One month? Less? ;)

Army
01-21-2002, 02:08 AM
Umm...so it's better because it has "text messaging"?

What about a GPS?

Lorans?

Sonar?

Sat-Com link?

FLIR?

4WD?

Kitchen sink?

8-ball stick shift knob?

Wiggle head puppy in the back window?

I don't understand what the fascination with Angels is. They don't actually shoot better, farther, faster or different than other pricey guns, they're just pricier.

I rate the effect of my guns, by putting paint on the opponant.

shartley
01-21-2002, 07:27 AM
I think some of the fascination with Angels, and all their gadgets, is one of simple “What you get for your money”. This may be a precieved value and add nothing to your game, but it is important to some people.

Example:
You pay $1500 for a marker that shoots great, and is good quality.

OR

You pay $1500 for a marker that shoots great, and is good quality…. AND gives you all these extra features!

Will those features increase your game? Probably not, and I would not bet any money that they will.

But some people just like the “extras” even if they don’t do much for you in a game. And for the price of the higher end markers, I can see how people would want more than JUST a nice shooting marker. I can roll down my vehicles’ windows manually, but for the price I pay for them, I don’t think electric-windows is asking for too much. ;)

To each their own. Have the features, don’t have the features, who cares. Do you like your marker? Does it shoot well for you? That should be the question, not “Is all that stuff needed”.

Personally? I agree, they are going just a bit farther than they really need to with all the “extras”. I think I would be worried about the reliability issues that come with adding more things that “can go wrong” to a product (that don’t actually improve its basic use).

I would like to see AGD add some extra features to their “High End” markers though, and that may even grab the attention of that market. The days of picking up a sports car with NO extras in it and paying high prices for it because it MOVES FAST are long gone… the public wants a little more now days. You will always have a niche market for the essentials, but it seems the majority of the market is looking for something just a bit different. This is not bad, but unless you don’t want your product to be mainstream, you have to give them what they want.. to SOME degree.

Just another .02 to the cookie-jar.

AutoMaggot
01-21-2002, 09:22 AM
Props to Arman... this was one of our team angels, and thats a totally custom trigger on that sucka... this thing wails dude! Just be sure you have a hopper fast enough to feed it... a New X Board would do the trick!

Arman/XPM
01-21-2002, 10:16 AM
Automaggot,
Are there 2 P. G. Xtremes? I did a search on smartpages.com and it gave me this address -
P. G. Xtreme
66 3rd street
Dover, NH 03820

And the one that Mike gave me was this
P.G. Xtreme
356 Central Avenue
Dover, NH 03820

Shartley
That was a very detailed post. Thank you. I am glad to know, that there are others who see where Paintball is headed - ;)

Army
Lol, it is not that I want the gun because it is pricey - I just want to see what all the hype is about. Plus, the resale value is excellent on Angels. :)

BlackVCG
I think I will make it 1 month and 1 day - ;)

SGTKennedy
01-21-2002, 03:02 PM
i think i would buy a car cuz it moves fast. :D :D

hubadlatimmy
01-21-2002, 03:51 PM
Did you get that from one of the guys from ground zero I was looking at that on the paintballcity.com message boards and I though you were getting a high end cocker not an angel.

Arman/XPM
01-21-2002, 03:57 PM
hubadlatimmy
I decided to get an Angel - :) It is an Angel from "Team Alliance".
- Arman

MajorDamage
01-21-2002, 05:23 PM
The trigger looks better than most stick triggers. I think that one and the intelliframe one are the best Ive seen. ;) that was a sweet looking cocker though! :D

ENDO!

Manuel_FZR
01-21-2002, 05:45 PM
Hey Arman ... now you have your Angel ;)
Nice gun, I hope you will enjoy it. The trigger looks nice.

Arman/XPM
01-21-2002, 05:47 PM
Manuel_FZR,
Danke schön.
Finally, I am able to see what all this Angel hype is about - :) Thank you for your kind words.

Manuel_FZR
01-21-2002, 06:12 PM
Hey Arman ... have you never shoot an Angel? ;) I played the Angel of my teammates several times ... and I think, it´s a verry good marker!
But you know, my thoughts are not so impartial - I´m fanatic for the SFL EMag ;)
Now you can compare! And I think, you will not be dissapointed! ;)

Arman/XPM
01-21-2002, 06:19 PM
Manuel(Spanish name?)
Danke für deine wörter - :D
Donot worry, I will soon get an SFL Emag, but I donot know where to get them! AGD Europe has them, right?
- Arman

Manuel_FZR
01-21-2002, 06:27 PM
Yes, it´s Spanish ...
Bitteschön! Mir gefällt die Angel auch sehr gut. ;)
AGD-Europe has the Xtreme; the SFL is from Shocktech...

Arman/XPM
01-21-2002, 06:40 PM
Manuel,
Bist du Spanisch? Toll!:D
Lol, I am glad that the Angel pleases you. :)
When do you plan on stopping over in America? If you do plan on ever coming over here. So, I can find the SFL on Shocktech's website?
- Arman

Magsrule3
01-21-2002, 08:02 PM
Nice Arman! I hope to be seeing Alliance around in this PNL/NEPL season.

AutoMaggot
01-22-2002, 12:10 AM
You're damn right we'll be at the NEPLs!!! Go check out the pbnation --> WGP --> Action pics threads for some new pics of us at P&L...

MajorDamage
01-22-2002, 12:19 AM
supposedly www.bbtpaintball.com has the SFLs

ENDO!

Cliffio
01-23-2002, 07:43 PM
welcome to the family

if your interested in ripping it, when i get mine ill show you some pics:)

your gonna love it

later
Cliff

Arman/XPM
01-23-2002, 07:49 PM
Cliffio
Where did you send your Angel to recieve the Ripper milling?
- Arman

InfinatyBPS
01-23-2002, 11:17 PM
that thinks of Joey from Friends saying the title of this thread?

paintballrulzs
01-24-2002, 11:51 AM
there r 2 pgextermes one is in maine one is in dover Nh i think. I have played the one in maine and played against some of the guys from alliance. My friend plays for them

Cliffio
01-24-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Arman/XPM
Cliffio
Where did you send your Angel to recieve the Ripper milling?
- Arman

well white wolf is handeling mine,he isnt the one that mills it but he is the one that anod. it

he isnt taking much new work
so you might want to go with someone else
unfortunatly he has stopped taking angels to get milled i believe altho im not 100% sure
if you were really interested i would email him and find out what the deal is
he might take it he might not

if u want, pm me for some prices and i will let u know

Cliff

AutoMaggot
01-24-2002, 12:29 PM
Who's your friend?

Jonno06
01-24-2002, 02:29 PM
What alliance team was angel from anyway?????Gold???silver????kids????Just wondering.

AutoMaggot
01-24-2002, 03:18 PM
It was from Alliance Green last year...

Jonno06
01-25-2002, 09:48 PM
Oh,i take it that isnt a team anymore???????I never heard of them before.....any wayz,it is a very nice gun...very nice

Arman/XPM
01-28-2002, 06:53 PM
This is going to be my new one...