PDA

View Full Version : Having paint supply issues...

ManInBlack
05-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Ok, Here's what's going on:

There are two places locally I can get paint, Wal-Mart and the local field. I'm not going to buy from Wal-Mart, and until recently I got good paint ad a good price from the field. The price is still decent, but I haven't gotten anything without major dimples for quite a while. I don't know if the paint has been sitting for too long or what, but I've gotten several different types from him, most recently WGP paint, and everything has this problem. So I'm beginning to look elsewhere.

All American paintball park is about a 40 minute drive from me, but thier paint is made by satan and costs $50-$60 a case.

I thought about buying in bulk from Ebay and found these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/OP-HOUSE-PAINTBALLS-16000-ROUNDS-8-CASES-14-99SHIP_W0QQitemZ290232091846QQihZ019QQcategoryZ160 49QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/RPS-ELTIGRE-PAINTBALLS-16000-14-99-SHIP_W0QQitemZ370053483234QQihZ024QQcategoryZ16049 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any thoughts? Anybody have experience getting paint from All American or Ebay? Thanks.

Chronobreak
05-21-2008, 07:26 PM
did you tell/ask the owner about the dimple paint?

alot of people make a huff about dimples but ive shot dimpled and non and there was no visible difference, its one of those things i guess. it oculd have just been a bad batch or something, i would try the field again and if its the same go elsewhere.

some palces online offer free shipping or insurance agaisnt breakage so thats worth looking into, though i cant reccomend anyone personaly

ManInBlack
05-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Oh, he knows about it. When we go buy paint we open up a bunch of cases and pick out the best bags to make one "good" case. Still, it's a pain and I'm just looking into other options. I just installed a level 10 on my pnuemag, so we'll see how things go this weekend. I play woodsball so accuracy over long distance is my main concern.

ThePixelGuru
05-22-2008, 02:13 PM
I've heard online paint is pretty good if you get it from the right place. I know there are distributors on eBay that will replace your case if you have even one broken ball, I'd look for one of them to buy from.

insixdays777
05-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Online paint is a gamble, and if it arives broken it is a hassle to get it replaced. I have had great experiences with online and horrible. Honestly, when I was not living near a field, Wally World RPS Marbilzer always made for great paint. Price was not bad, and I always opened it up in front of the cashier to make sure it was not broken, I never did have a single broken ball in the case when I bought from Wal-Mart. Marblizers have been my fav paint for 10+ years now...man, I remember when it was 100.00 a case!!! HA

lidocaine
05-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Marbs at wally world?!?!
All I ever see is monster balls or that crappy "camo" paintball.

insixdays777
05-22-2008, 04:13 PM
haha yeah believe it of not...real deal 100% RPS Marbs...must be a TN thing...only came in a box of 1000rds....I have not looked since I moved to GA and just by the cheap stuff from the local field...