PDA

View Full Version : Tonsillectomy

code_red
05-22-2008, 09:19 AM
I found out yesterday I need to have my tonsils out. Has anyone here has the procedure done as an adult? I hear it's a lot harder on you the later you do it. No paintball for a month. :(

Big'n slo
05-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Had mine out when I was 22 or 23.
Worst two weeks of my life
Lost 25lbs because I couldn't eat.
Spit blood for a month from an infection
Still get sore throats to this day.

But don't worry, its all good.

:cheers:

code_red
05-22-2008, 09:34 AM

Ha... ummm thanks! lol I feel much better now. :rolleyes:

Really though. I think the end result will make it worth it.

Big'n slo
05-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Before I had mine out I used to get laid up for two weeks a year with strep throat.
Now I just get a little infection for a day or too, all in all it was worth it.

Sudz
05-22-2008, 08:03 PM

QFT!!

Had mine done when i was 17. Worst experience of my life. Was hurting for a month, lost like 10 pounds, couldn't eat or speak worth dick all. Throat still gets soar to this day from time to time. If you don't REALLY need it then I would say its not worth it.

Oh, and i can show you pics of my disgusting tonsils when I had them, and i can honestly say id rather have them then go through that again.

teufelhunden
05-22-2008, 10:45 PM
I had mine taken out when I was like 13. Lost 25-30lbs in the 2 weeks that I couldn't eat anything other than instant breakfast shakes [seriously, my body was so screwed up the few times I tried eating ice cream I puked it up]. Oh, I sucked on popsicles too. I had to get it done because I needed a bunch of teeth pulled for braces [10 or so I think] and the oral surgeon only did half of what he needed to the first time around because he thought I wasn't going to maintain the ability to breathe because my tonsils were too big... not swollen, just too big for my mouth. So I got them chopped out, was also supposed to help me breathe better in sports and such but I never noticed a difference. Haven't gotten strep since though, suppose that's a plus.

oneworld
05-22-2008, 11:16 PM
meh..i got mine out at 13..and they left part of mine in there..and i still get strep 4-6 times a year..make sure they get it all.. :tard:

code_red
05-23-2008, 06:03 AM
Well, as much as it's going to suck. I still think it will be worth it. They are going to take the tonsil and adenoids out, so hopefully they get them all. I've never had problems with sore throats or anything. But, I've been dealing with tonsil stones for the past 12 years. It effects my breathing among some other things. So basically one of my tonsils has more bateria than tonsil left. It's gross and I'm tired of it. So, out they go. I been wanting to loose some weight anyway. :p