PDA

View Full Version : UPS Insurance

chafnerjr
05-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Alright... here's my story and a question.

So I finally get my first mag together :D and I've got this great 72/45 crossfire peanut that's out of hydro and has a 400psi reg. Naturally I send it right in to Crossfire to have them do a reg swap and hydro. That's where I decided to save a buck and use UPS ground, which usually works for me. So I send them the tank on the 12th... it goes to Laurel, MD... then on to New Stanton, PA... then finally to Maumee, OH... pretty normal so far eh? Here's the kicker... the tank then went back to New Stanton, PA, and then back even further to Laurel, MD... only to be shipped back to New Stanton, PA for a third time, then back to Maumee, OH again which I assume is pretty close to my destination as the next stop was Oshtemo, MI... phew... so I thought my wait was close to over and my tank was then marked as "Out for delivery". This was on the 19th @ 5:09am... that was the last time it was seen or heard from.

I've got to say that the guys (and gals) over at crossfire totally kick butt... they didn't solve any issue for me but they called their personal UPS guy to check his truck and when he didn't have it they tore through all their boxes just to check for something that they really knew they didn't receive (because their log book said so). Mind you I never asked them to do any of this!

In the end I started an "investigation" or tracker as they call it to find my tank... so here's my question

Does any one know how long something has to disappear for before they will pay out the insurance I put on it? The crappy thing is that I've got one of the older composite industries tanks from before crossfire made their own and I like the shape a little better, but OH well. If I have to buy a new tank with the ins. money I guess I'm saving $80 on the hydro and reg swap...

Any thoughts on how to keep them looking without being a jerkoff.

P.S. I feel bad because I sort of feel like being a jerkoff... just put together a sweet $1200 mag from scratch and now it's got to sit before even being broken in because I've got no other HPA :mad:

BigEvil
05-22-2008, 03:52 PM
UPS shipments are automatically insured for $100 unless you purchase more at the time you ship. UPS will generally launch and investigation into a missing package and offer compensation at the end of it, which usually can vary between 2-3 days and a month. The amount of time it takes to actually receive a check from them can also vary.

chafnerjr
05-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks! I'm just way too eager to get out and play :D

P.S. I insured for $200 to be sure.

BigEvil
05-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks! I'm just way too eager to get out and play :D

P.S. I insured for $200 to be sure.

Excellent. I dont let a package out of my hands without insuring it for extra. Have you filed a claim yet?

JRingold
05-24-2008, 10:04 PM
You have me concerned... I always ship UPS ground because of the insurance. I just sent a tank to Crossfire last week, but mine didn't make any repeat stops along the way and is in a delivered status...

One would think that it's either on the truck under something, or it was given to the previous stop before crossfire on the route... I've seen that a couple of times, and I've seen where a label from one box ends up on another...

chafnerjr
05-25-2008, 08:53 PM
You have me concerned... I always ship UPS ground because of the insurance. I just sent a tank to Crossfire last week, but mine didn't make any repeat stops along the way and is in a delivered status...

One would think that it's either on the truck under something, or it was given to the previous stop before crossfire on the route... I've seen that a couple of times, and I've seen where a label from one box ends up on another...

I hope so! I actually mis-posted up earlier... it's not a 70/45 peanut... it's a 72/45 peanut :( I hope to see it again. Either way as long as UPS doesn't drag me around for a month or so I'll be happy.

as a bit of a side note, I shipped through Mailboxes etc... I don't think I'll do that again. Not because of anything they did wrong, but because UPS won't deal with me directly because I am not the "shipper" mailboxes is!

They can't sit on the phone with UPS for an hour like I can... it pretty much sucks. :mad:

Such is life I suppose. In any event I'll have a working tank out of this somehow. :cheers:

chafnerjr
05-27-2008, 03:22 PM
OK! So I get this phone call today from someone in D.C. telling me that he couldn't understand why I would send him a crossfire tank asking for a hydro and reg swap!!! :bounce:

OK so either UPS, or MailBoxes Etc. suck, but my 72/45 crossfire still exists!!!!! Maybe I'll even get it back :D :D :D

Now I wonder why my tracking info was so far off... and how the hell it got to DC :mad:

JRingold
06-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Ok... Now I'm worried. Mostly because my tank was "delivered" on May 27 and I haven't heard from Crossfire yet...

teamberserkr
06-01-2008, 10:25 PM
The New Stanton, PA stops are a major ground hub for UPS, the returns the other way could be a glitch in the tracking system or the package was not unloaded at the destination and went back. Your package could also have been damaged in transit and be in a damaged materials processing system. Or they may have just scewed up royally and you'll never see it again. I've seen several things get left on trailers and shuffeled around. They should pay up with out too much trouble though.

BigEvil
06-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Ok... Now I'm worried. Mostly because my tank was "delivered" on May 27 and I haven't heard from Crossfire yet...

If it was 'delivered', then you should be covered. Get the signature of the person who signed for it, and follow up with CF.

chafnerjr
06-02-2008, 11:42 AM
The New Stanton, PA stops are a major ground hub for UPS, the returns the other way could be a glitch in the tracking system or the package was not unloaded at the destination and went back. Your package could also have been damaged in transit and be in a damaged materials processing system. Or they may have just scewed up royally and you'll never see it again. I've seen several things get left on trailers and shuffeled around. They should pay up with out too much trouble though.

Alright... so here's the deal. As it turns out, the place I shipped it from swapped the shipping labels with another package of a similar size. Luckily for me, when the guy in Washington D.C. got my tank with all of my crossfire info he called me asking how I knew him and why I would send him a tank asking for a hydro :rofl: Lucky for me, he's sending it back (either to me or crossfire... still waiting for conformation number). The only thing that sucks for him is that it appears to be HIS package that was lost as I was watching HIS tracking number! MailBox's etc, is handling the search and my return.

I hope to see my tank soon! It just sucks to be that guy as he got royally screwed and he helped me out. Maybe I'll send him a $20 gift card to amazon or something :rolleyes: