PDA

View Full Version : Mags beeing seen more in my area

vikking_1
05-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Ive seen quite a few mags in my area as of late. most know me as the "mag guy" and costantly ask me questions, most I can answer.
What Im wondering is, how would I become an actual Automag Technician, as there is no one in my area who works on them. there are several PB shops that work on guns but they all say the same thing, "we dont work on mags". They only do basic simple stuff on them and thats it. So i figure, if I can become a licensed tech then maybe alot of the mags that are sitting around in closets will come back out or the guys looking to buy mags in my area will feel a bit more comfertable about doing so knowing there is a licensed tech they could bring it to.

So how does one become a licensed tech?

Craig Niland
05-28-2008, 07:17 AM
I don't really feel you need a certification to be qualified to do what you need to do. Just make sure that you're intimately familiar with mags and know you can take on any work that people can throw at you. Once word gets around that you're competent and can be trusted to fix everything needed then people should have no reserve to give you work. If you want PTI has classes though for a reasonable price.

pk5
05-28-2008, 09:35 AM
So agd doesn't have somewhat of a certification process? All ICD use to do is that if you show up for the class, they'll have you fixing markers until you figure out how everything work.

vikking_1
05-28-2008, 10:31 AM
where and what is PTI and ICD, and how di I contact them?

JesseB
05-29-2008, 12:59 PM
don't worry about the certification just absorb as much as you can. I could troubleshoot and fix almost anything wrong with a mag so I'll step out on a limb to say if an idiot like myself can do it then you should have no problem.

vikking_1
06-07-2008, 05:19 AM
true but having that peace of paper helps alot more with credability.