PDA

View Full Version : behind the AutoMag ......

2BAD4U
05-25-2008, 03:33 PM
:) http://www.paintmagazine.com/wpaint2/mag.shtml

Ninjeff
05-25-2008, 05:35 PM
nice find, that was a great article.

Dated, but still good.

Coralis
05-25-2008, 05:49 PM
interesting read , funny how things change in just the span of 12 years

questionful
05-26-2008, 02:17 AM
Ah, good read. I want one of the umbrellas mentioned in the first paragraph.

I want to know, how long was it before the release of the RT that AGD had a finished product? And I didn't know the RT was called the P5!! Haha.

snoopay700
05-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Ah, good read. I want one of the umbrellas mentioned in the first paragraph.

I want to know, how long was it before the release of the RT that AGD had a finished product? And I didn't know the RT was called the P5!! Haha.
Well it seems they had it pretty much done in 94, although knowing tom i'm sure it was probably an early model and they kept trying to make it better until they actually released it, although they could have had it completely done a long time ago, only Tom would know (well and others that worked with him).

Chrishew09
05-26-2008, 07:21 PM
This is my favorite quote:

Tom, "We are at the point now, where I would like to see teams stop thinking about technology and start thinking about strategy. Because strategy, is one thing that is really overlooked. I mean, a lot of people spend many many hours looking for the technology advantage, which would be minuscule even if you could find it at this point. But, they completely ignore the strategic advantage, which is half of what's going on. There's been a big myth going around, that there's no more strategy these days That in the days of the pump guns, there was a lot of strategy."

Aren't we saying the same thing 12 years later.....

drg
05-26-2008, 07:42 PM
This is my favorite quote:

Tom, "We are at the point now, where I would like to see teams stop thinking about technology and start thinking about strategy. Because strategy, is one thing that is really overlooked. I mean, a lot of people spend many many hours looking for the technology advantage, which would be minuscule even if you could find it at this point. But, they completely ignore the strategic advantage, which is half of what's going on. There's been a big myth going around, that there's no more strategy these days That in the days of the pump guns, there was a lot of strategy."

Aren't we saying the same thing 12 years later.....

You missed the part where he said 8-9 bps is all we'll see.