PDA

View Full Version : Marker shot time

insixdays777
05-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Well I had an unbeliveable day on saturday, my ULE Pnuemag was flawless. I love the "feel" of my automags, the time when I pull the trigger and can feel the sear drop and instaniously see the ball fly out the barrel.

I have shot every type, brand and design of markers out there over the last 13yrs. Nothing feels as "responsive" as my automags? What is up with this...?

What is the "cycle time" if I am using the correct words...for the automag compared to other markers?

anyone else notice this? Like spool guns to me always feel "slower" or delayed, well just strangely different to me?

Ruler_Mark
05-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Valve recharge is very fast, but they are air hogs

questionful
05-26-2008, 01:52 AM
I think he means the delay between when you pull the trigger and when the ball comes out the barrel.

I would think it's because on e-pneu's, you have to wait for the solenoid valve to switch, then for low pressure air to pass through a small valve (the solenoid valve) and some narrow airways, then for the volume operating the spool to fill up. Whereas in a mag, before you pull the trigger all of that is already done.

drg
05-26-2008, 05:33 AM
Shoot an mQ valved gun ... responsiveness takes on a whole new meaning

pmstc
05-26-2008, 04:14 PM
It might be because of the simplicity of the sear combined with the pressure behind the bolt. On a spool marker, the bolt is controlled by a low pressure force, and the high pressure gas is released at the end of the stroke.
Mags have the full pressure needed to fire the paintball pushing forward on the bolt, so I'd imagine the bolt speed is higher. That's why L7 bolts chopped so much.. Level 10 has a slow stage in it, so it may just be your imagination :p

Enemy
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
idk the cycle time on a mag but i do know that the mag has one of the shortest bolt strokes next to the viking. Im pretty sure the spool valve is the longest.

the other thing i think you are alluding to is the direct feel of the mech to an electro where you are pressing on the sear as opposed to hitting a switch. obviously the signal from the switch takes time to get to the board and that signal takes time to get to the solenoid, in which takes time to send its air to the bolt.

onedude36
05-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Shoot an mQ valved gun ... responsiveness takes on a whole new meaning
yea, umm where is my mQ mag again? i want.. :argh: