PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Airplane Ticket

daviselk
05-28-2008, 05:27 PM
So as stated above.. i am in search of an airplane ticket... and need some help i guess. i am in the militay and have a wedding coming up july12 back home... and am looking for a flight, the depart and ruturn times are somewhat flexable, but the dates are set on. Does anybody know of any sites or any tricks that can help me out to get a cheaper flight?

MANN
05-28-2008, 05:40 PM
I usually shop expedia, and then call the specific carrier for the ticket.

Fred
05-29-2008, 08:38 AM
I use travelocity pretty much all the time when I need to fly somewhere.

neppo1345
05-29-2008, 11:00 AM
WWW.DELTA.COM

/Shameless plug

Call Delta and explain your situation...they're typically more than happy to help out members of the armed service.

JesseB
05-29-2008, 01:53 PM
If you can fly southwest they are an awesome carrier and all their fares are fully refundable even if you buy the day of the flight. I used to be an agent for Onetravel.com and I always suggest booking directly with the airline and requesting special fares as opposed to using a third party site with prenegotiated fares. And like he said there are special rates for armed services. I used to always ticket people on Delta because they were so eager to help if you ever have a problem and they can be talked into waving ticket change fees fairly easily.

Good luck and just for reference you get your best deals between 21-14 days in advance. Also remember that fully refundable fares are worth the little bit extra just in case.