PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried the Intelliframe on a MicroMag?

luke
01-21-2002, 08:45 AM
Are there any tolerance problems? (Due to the short pull of the Intelliframe)

kutter
01-21-2002, 09:13 AM
Luke I was wondering this same thing, I love my Micro but I hate the trigger, I know that a benchmark will work, PTP sells them as their double trigger frames, but I would rather and Intelliframe.

Everything I have read says it will, but I also wondering if anyone had actually done it, so how about it all you Mag freaks out there, anyone have any personal experience with this?

If not then I will in a few weeks Luke, but unfortunately my gun is in SoFla and I am in Alabama right now, so when I head back down I will be buying that or if it does not fit a benchy.

a_malfunction
01-21-2002, 10:58 AM
It should work fine.... If other mag frames work on it, why wouldnt an intelliframe?

luke
01-22-2002, 06:10 AM
;) I know the gun and the frame are compatible. I'm just curious if there are any problems in respect to the close tolerances on the Intelliframe. Micro bodies and
Benchmark frames are not manufactured to AGD standards, so it stands to reason that it might create some problems. Has anyone put the two together? >>>> (Has anyone actually bolted an Intelliframe to a MicroMag body???????)<<<<<<<<

irbodden
01-22-2002, 06:14 AM
Luke, we have put that "together" and have seen your confused.

If Benchmarks have sloppy tolerances and work why wouldn't the Intelli that has very tight tolerances NOT work? Ofcourse it works, and it works well.

luke
01-22-2002, 06:43 AM
irbodden,

Your response sure has an ugly feel to it. It seems like attitudes around here are sliding, that's why I rarely post anymore. I ask a ligament question and get a smart
arse answer. Confused, no, sick of attitudes like yours, yes.

Muzikman
01-22-2002, 09:35 AM
I am not sure about newer Micromags, but the older ones the Grip Frame held the sear pin in. If you put a normal automags frame on an older micro, the sear pin just falls out. Again, I do not own a newer Micro, but this is true for the second generation micromags (the first series to have removable barrels).

lazyrider77
01-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Luke, we have put that "together" and have seen your confused.

irbodden- i think you misinterpreted his statement and took offense. when he asked if anyone had "put the two together", i believe that he was referrign to someone putting an intelli-frame and a minimag together, not putting the two facts he mentioned about the companies tolerences together. i can see how it might seem like he was making a disrespectful comment, as if no one had been intelligent enough to put the facts together, but i don't think this was the case. so, there is no need for you to take offense, as your reply seemed to indicate that you did.

luke
01-23-2002, 06:27 AM
I give up....

bond1313
01-23-2002, 08:03 AM
Luke I feel the same way you do about attitudes are realy starting to show here. Well about your question I have a chrome intelliframe on my 2000 micromag and it works fine, I have the intellifeed to warp hooked up and its very nice.

luke
01-23-2002, 12:55 PM
Bond1313,
Thanks! A straight answer from someone with first hand knowledge on the matter.(there's a new one)

Have you had any feed rate problems with your Micro? If so how much help is the Intel setup? I recently added a Warp and the few time's I've used it, I've had ZERO breaks. But I would like to set up a PF AutoMag with the Warp and run the Micro w/o, that is if I can keep from blending paint! Any input would be great

Thanks........

bond1313
01-23-2002, 01:36 PM
Hey, well well I did a little modifications to my warp and it runs of 2 9volts instead of one and it spins at about 22bps. I have never had a ball break it the warp but I have choped and with the little extra kick the ball go right threw it it works gret. The intellifeed is really nice and the tridder pull is way shorter and has a nice crisp touch to it.

luke
01-24-2002, 06:43 AM
Bond1313,

I did the 12 volt mod also and added an on/off switch, it works nicely. Thanks for the info.

rabidchihauhau
01-24-2002, 12:50 PM
"Micro bodies and Benchmark frames are not manufactured to AGD standards, so it stands to reason that it might create some problems. " - Luke

Luke, you are incorrect when you make the above statement. Inf act, Micromag bodies and our frames ARE SPECIFICALLY made to AGD standards: its one of the reasons why Pro-team Products has always been and remains the only licences aftermarket mfg of alternative gun bodies for mags.

You only need to take a look at the very close relationship the PTG nas enjoyed with AGD since about 1990 in order to understand that we must be doing things the right way: Tom has VERY exacting standards and I'm sure he would not tolerate someone making stuff for his product that wasn't up to snuff!

While I have not personally attached an intelliframe to one of my micromags, I would have no hesitancy about doing so and am convinced that theyw ould work together right out of the box.

Steve

Muzikman
01-24-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by rabidchihauhau
"Micro bodies and Benchmark frames are not manufactured to AGD standards, so it stands to reason that it might create some problems. " - Luke

Luke, you are incorrect when you make the above statement. Inf act, Micromag bodies and our frames ARE SPECIFICALLY made to AGD standards: its one of the reasons why Pro-team Products has always been and remains the only licences aftermarket mfg of alternative gun bodies for mags.

You only need to take a look at the very close relationship the PTG nas enjoyed with AGD since about 1990 in order to understand that we must be doing things the right way: Tom has VERY exacting standards and I'm sure he would not tolerate someone making stuff for his product that wasn't up to snuff!

While I have not personally attached an intelliframe to one of my micromags, I would have no hesitancy about doing so and am convinced that theyw ould work together right out of the box.

Steve

If that is true, then ALL Micromag parts would be interchangable with Automags part, and that is just not true. Again, it might be a little better now, but I know for a fact that I can NOT put an AGD grip frame on my Micromag and have it work. It will bolt up, it will operate the trigger rob (but not well). The big problem is that with my second generation Micromag, if I put an AGD frame (or any frame not designed for the Micromag) the Sear pin will fall out. Also, if proTeam / Benchmark products are to the same tolorances as AGD, why would it be that a lot of people who install a Benchmark frame on their Automag have to make trigger rod adjustments?

rabidchihauhau
01-25-2002, 11:13 AM
a 'trigger rod' adjustment is an entirely different matter from 'not compatible' or 'not the same tolerances'.

We were speaking specifically about trigger frames, in the first instance, and in that instance, the parts are to the same tolerances; if not, you would not be able to bolt it on, it would not actual the sear and etc.

Older micromags utilized the lip of the frame - be it an AGD frame or ours (we are Benchmark) to retain the trigger pin. If you use an old style grip on our old style bodies, the pin will not 'fall out'.

New frames and new bodies are all made to the RT (flat top of frame) standard; for micromags we use an insert in the rear screw hole, for regular RT bodies, you remove the insert.

Sear pins are now threaded.

As for trigger rod adjustment; the action on a benchy is different, which may require this adjustment in some cases ('everyone you talk' to is NOT everyone who has one);

"different" does not, in and of itself, imply 'not the same tolerances. Tolerances refer to critical measurements; failing to meet those tolerances means non-working or poorly working.

I realize that to some degree this is a semantics issue - but lets keep things on the positive side; Pro-Team Products are approved by AGD - have always been and will remain so - so long as WE maintain acceptable tolerances and quality - acceptable to Tom. They remain, so far as I am aware, the ONLY so-called 'aftermarket' products made for the Mag family which are extended the AGD warranty, and the only ones which use of will not void your original warranty on AGD products. So far as I can tell, THAT remains a stamp of approval for the quality and 'tolerances' of our products.

Steve