PDA

View Full Version : Why haven't the last of the AKA vikings sold?

matteusz
05-28-2008, 09:39 PM
I was talking to AKA the other day and they mentioned they had a couple complete 04 vikings ready to go for like 725$. I am wondering why they haven't sold? Anyone know anything about these? Is there just no one willing to pay that much?

warbeak2099
05-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Ya it seems that you can get a used one for a lot less. As long as there are used ones floating around in the b/s/t sections, no one's going to buy a new one from AKA.

Either that or people don't bother calling AKA and finding this out!

JesseB
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
They keep making them... don't let those tricky devils fool you. I'm pretty sure you can get anything you want from them.

questionful
05-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Oh really? That would explain why they've had a couple "in stock" for so long! :spit_take

matteusz
05-28-2008, 10:18 PM
OK so if they keep finishing them off why are they so slow selling? I mean they can't have infinite stock SP would send in the lawyers. It has been 4 years. The used market can't have everything. I don't remember what they were back in the day but that seems like a ok price.

Oooh also look here:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231108

I am wondering who would want a Tadao board.

Enemy
05-29-2008, 01:57 AM
that was a shameless plug^^^^

im guessing its because noone bothered to check with aka to see if they had any new ones left in stock just assuming that they had all been sold...

kenndogg
05-29-2008, 02:47 AM
I was talking to AKA the other day and they mentioned they had a couple complete 04 vikings ready to go for like 725$. I am wondering why they haven't sold? Anyone know anything about these? Is there just no one willing to pay that much?

did you check and see if they had any more excaliburs?

Dewok82
05-29-2008, 05:59 AM

Are you sure they said $725? Last time I called I didn't ask about Vikings, but they had NIB '04 Excals for $1200.

JesseB
05-29-2008, 06:14 AM
I dunno I've heard of a few people getting new ones and I see a lot of them on gruntbull's page so I assume that they are still readily available and apparently have been for some time.

BigEvil
05-29-2008, 06:18 AM
Because in order to get it from this;
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/36000/100_0452_rs.jpg (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic/36778.html)

To something cool like this;
http://sumorai.net/DC/gallery/pictures/clay_medium.jpg

You need to buy the marker for $800+, then spend about another $800-$1000 on it and waste a year of your life waiting.

:tard:

Hilltop Customs
05-29-2008, 06:55 AM
But what is really the difference between the top and bottoms vikings other than some milling and pretty colors? :p It doesnt have to be pretty to shoot a paintball.

I'd be happy with the top pic....but its still not worth 800 to me.

BigEvil
05-29-2008, 07:22 AM
But what is really the difference between the top and bottoms vikings other than some milling and pretty colors? :p It doesnt have to be pretty to shoot a paintball.

I'd be happy with the top pic....but its still not worth 800 to me.

Not much, maybe a board. The aka guns are great shooters out of the box. The bottom one is soooo purdy though... yet every time I pick one up (3 to date) I cant wait to get rid of them. Go figure. :confused:

matteusz
05-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Yeah that is hard to figure there evil. I picked up my first Viking (first pic version) and I don't think I will ever want to sell it off (although I have said that about a mag or two that I no longer own). All the same they are great.

Sorry for the shameless plug. I couldn't help myself.

BigEvil
05-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah that is hard to figure there evil. I picked up my first Viking (first pic version) and I don't think I will ever want to sell it off (although I have said that about a mag or two that I no longer own). All the same they are great.

Sorry for the shameless plug. I couldn't help myself.

Well, the sad part is I know I haven't learned my lesson. One day I will come across #4 and snatch it up. :tard:

punkncat
05-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Nah, wouldn't pay that for one and then have to scour around looking for the parts I want. I really don't care for having to send it off for work...well on the off chance that it needs it.

I honestly think it is one of the best shooters I have ever held on to, and REALLY liked my 03, but talk about carrying around a brick. Whew, I was tired of toting it by the time I got to the staging area....

Lohman446
05-29-2008, 09:02 AM
They are still building them from "parts produced prior to the SP agreement" :rolleyes: I don't think anyone cares and SP does not see it as worth pursuing basically.

matteusz
05-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Nah, wouldn't pay that for one and then have to scour around looking for the parts I want. I really don't care for having to send it off for work...well on the off chance that it needs it.

I honestly think it is one of the best shooters I have ever held on to, and REALLY liked my 03, but talk about carrying around a brick. Whew, I was tired of toting it by the time I got to the staging area....

The answer to that one is simple GET STRONGER! Also it is not like you have to scrounge for parts. You order what you need on AKA's website and done. I can see where someone would get a dp fusion or DM something instead though. Not the same quality (and milling not always comparable) but for less money they sling the same paint.

rkjunior303
05-29-2008, 09:24 AM
i wish someone would sell back to me my old 03 ;)

punkncat
05-29-2008, 09:39 AM
The answer to that one is simple GET STRONGER! Also it is not like you have to scrounge for parts. You order what you need on AKA's website and done.

Lol, yeah, being stronger makes a seven pound gun weigh less than seven pounds. :rolleyes:

I was meaning more as in aftermarket goodies like the sweet little JMJ triggers and such.

Pneumagger
05-29-2008, 09:55 AM
AKA's are tanks. They are the 'Mags of electros. They never break, rarely scratch, have hardcoat anodizing, and performance rivals modern markers.
If a used one costs $350-$400 and will be in 95%+ condition... why pay 75% more for a "new one" that is still 4 yrs old?

That is why they haven't sold. I could see them selling for ~$500.
Ultimately, AKA stabbed thier new marker sales in the back whn they designed invulnerable markers the first time around. (sarcasm)

IMO, find the cheapest p.o.s. Viking or Excalibur you can. Roll up $800 and stick it in the feedneck.
Mail it to DC Custums with a note that says "Have fun!" and include a return address.
Buy a midrange electro to use for the next 8 months.

I'd pay $1200 and wait 8 months for a newly customized Vike/Excal before buying a new Matrix or Ego or Angel without hesitation.

paint magnet
05-29-2008, 11:30 PM
If they started calling them '08 Vikings they would probably sell out quickly.

Hilltop Customs
05-29-2008, 11:45 PM
If they started calling them '08 Vikings they would probably sell out quickly.

thats so true, its not funny.

PsychoBaller
05-30-2008, 12:33 AM
I have a stock 04' Viking that I picked up for about $400, currently at Destructive Customs for extensive milling. Add a full new Ano, and she'll easily top $1k, and then some :wow:

But in both looks and functionality, she's gonna be amazing when she's done ;) :D

-baller

Beemer
05-30-2008, 12:55 AM
AKA's are tanks. They are the 'Mags of electros. They never break, rarely scratch, have hardcoat anodizing, and performance rivals modern markers.
If a used one costs $350-$400 and will be in 95%+ condition... why pay 75% more for a "new one" that is still 4 yrs old?

That is why they haven't sold. I could see them selling for ~$500.
Ultimately, AKA stabbed thier new marker sales in the back whn they designed invulnerable markers the first time around. (sarcasm)

IMO, find the cheapest p.o.s. Viking or Excalibur you can. Roll up $800 and stick it in the feedneck.
Mail it to DC Custums with a note that says "Have fun!" and include a return address.
Buy a midrange electro to use for the next 8 months.

I'd pay $1200 and wait 8 months for a newly customized Vike/Excal before buying a new Matrix or Ego or Angel without hesitation.

LOL thats great. Sounds like AGD Deja Vu