PDA

View Full Version : trigger not bouncing back

ll05
05-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Well I went to my local field on saturday and I shot my mag but every once in a while the trigger would stick and not bounce back and I would have to put my finger behind the trigger and push it back into place. Any idea what is wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

michbich
05-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Bolt stick?

If using a LVL7 bolt, is your spring sticking out of the bolt when they are installed? If using a LVLX, try a longer spring.

ll05
05-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Bolt stick?

If using a LVL7 bolt, is your spring sticking out of the bolt when they are installed? If using a LVLX, try a longer spring.

well the spring is longer than the bolt and sticks out a little ahead of it. Any ideas?

thanks

michbich
05-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Do you have the rail bushing installed? How does the sear look? Any wear?

ll05
05-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Yes I have the rail bushing installed and the sear looks alright not too much wear the usual wear and tear. Maybe I should oil the sear a little that might help. What do you think?

secretweaponevan
05-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Add oil.
Don't over-tighten the frame screws.

Hilltop Customs
05-31-2008, 02:30 PM
also if your using the lvlX it could be that your carrier is too small and causing too much friction on the bolt. (lvl 7 bolt can sit flat on a table, while a lvlx bolt has a "stem" protruding out the back of the bolt, so it cant sit flat)

dump some oil in that baby if you havent in awhile.

ll05
06-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Okay thanks for the help :). I'll be sure to oil it.

ll05
06-09-2008, 04:19 PM
would my trigger frame have anything to do with this?

questionful
06-09-2008, 04:22 PM
When the trigger doesn't bounce back, what happens if you point the barrel at the ground? Does the trigger come back? If it does, what about the trigger rod behind it?

ll05
06-09-2008, 04:50 PM
trigger rod uh wait what is that?

Spider-TW
06-09-2008, 04:59 PM
...I would have to put my finger behind the trigger and push it back into place.
If it resets immediately when you push your trigger forward, it sounds like your trigger is binding. Since the rod isn't actually attached to the trigger, the trigger should be free to move by itself. With out air in the marker and you pull the trigger, will the trigger flop around if you point the marker down or shake it? If not and you haven't done anything to it lately, hose out the trigger pin with alcohol and then add back your lube of choice. Sometimes paint shell can get in there, in addition to the usual grime.

**edit**
Trigger rod- the metal rod between the back of the trigger and attached to the sear. The trigger pushes on it to fire. The on/off valve pushes against the sear which pushes the rod and trigger back into place after firing.

ll05
06-14-2008, 12:30 PM
If it resets immediately when you push your trigger forward, it sounds like your trigger is binding. Since the rod isn't actually attached to the trigger, the trigger should be free to move by itself. With out air in the marker and you pull the trigger, will the trigger flop around if you point the marker down or shake it? If not and you haven't done anything to it lately, hose out the trigger pin with alcohol and then add back your lube of choice. Sometimes paint shell can get in there, in addition to the usual grime.

**edit**
Trigger rod- the metal rod between the back of the trigger and attached to the sear. The trigger pushes on it to fire. The on/off valve pushes against the sear which pushes the rod and trigger back into place after firing.

Yes the trigger does flop around a little bit when its not gassed up if i point it down or shake it. Any ideas?

thanks

Spider-TW
06-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Just bolt stick if it is a level 10 bolt.

ll05
06-16-2008, 10:12 AM
I have a level 7 bolt in it

Spider-TW
06-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Add oil.
Don't over-tighten the frame screws.
Have you tried different tension in the frame screws? Generally the front can be wrench snug, but the back is finger tight. Sometimes they need more or less to get the alignment right.

Is this a stainless or ULE body?

ll05
06-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Have you tried different tension in the frame screws? Generally the front can be wrench snug, but the back is finger tight. Sometimes they need more or less to get the alignment right.

Is this a stainless or ULE body?

Stainless right feed body. Yeah I might want to try different tension in the frame screws.

athomas
06-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Change the bolt spring. If that doesn't help, then you need a longer powertube spacer.

Hilltop Customs
06-20-2008, 10:37 AM
when you pull the valve out does the bolt spring stick out past the nose of the bolt? if not your bolt spring probably needs replaced.